The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

10 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I suggest he is a little demob happy,  he can say what he likes. 

After the week the Tories had he should be riding high in polls and confidently striding towards no.10 IMO.  I am not entirely sure that is the reality at the moment.

I can't see any clear winner to be honest mate. Just another hung parliament 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I can't see any clear winner to be honest mate. Just another hung parliament 

Corbyn is already thinking about new Allotment stuff he can buy.  To say i find him unconvincing is an understatement.

Horrible feeling.  Tories 60 + Majority.  When you think the Tories are down or wounded they always somehow land on their feet.

I predict Labour will destroy themselves and their message will not land with voters,  it doesn't really land with the Labour front bench.  No Abbot yet for example or Crudberry or whatever she is called,  useless.  Like a pair of election suicide vests you wear under your skin for maximum damage.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I predict Labour will destroy themselves and their message will not land with voters,  it doesn't really land with the Labour front bench.  No Abbot yet for example or Crudberry or whatever she is called,  useless.  Like a pair of election suicide vests you wear under your skin for maximum damage.  

Yes I agree with this. Corbyn will be the reason Labour don't win this. 

The Labour party needs complete reform. The only benefit for Labour losing is that Corbyn will have to go as he would have lost another election and we might actually get a half decent labour party.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Corbyn will be the reason Labour don't win this. 

No he won't. Tory media smear campaigns will be. And those who swallow them hook, line and sinker will get what they deserve. Unfortunately, so will the rest of us. 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You can't blame all the media for Corbyn being a failure as a Labour leader. You have to a accept Corbyn has been a disaster.

If Blair was in charge of labour now he would have walked this election.

What’s he done that’s been a disaster?

Perhaps Blair could come back and have another holy war?

Edited by chrisp65

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You can't blame all the media for Corbyn being a failure as a Labour leader. You have to a accept Corbyn has been a disaster.

Yes, and we'd have got the same pink Tories again. If Labour is currently a disaster (to be fair, it probably is), it's down to the Blairite backstabbers. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

What’s he done that’s been a disaster.

Made the Labour party look like a racist party towards jewish people to start with?

When have you ever heard that towards a Labour party?

How about the dithering about brexit where no one actually knew what Labour stood towards brexit?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

it's down to the Blairite backstabbers

Partly, perhaps so. But by no means completely. Labour members can keep blaming the tory press, the BBC, Blairites, whoever. But ultimately they mainly need to look in the mirror.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yes, and we'd have got the same pink Tories again. If Labour is currently a disaster (to be fair, it probably is), it's down to the Blairite backstabbers. 

As much as i dislike bliar he was a much better leader than Corbyn has been

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

He has his faults, for sure, but he has been consistently undermined from within his own party. The antisemitism thing in particular is a nonsense. 

I’m amazed to hear you say that. Clearly Corbyn is not an anti Semite but Labour clearly has an issue with it and their response to it has been laboured at best. There is so much smoke and I’m amazed someone as thoughtful as you could say the idea of there being a fire is nonsense. 

22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

He has his faults, for sure, but he has been consistently undermined from within his own party. The antisemitism thing in particular is a nonsense. 

It absolutely isn’t. Some of it is, Labour's reaction to it, however, has been imbecilic

• Like 2

Antisemitism within the Labour party is about as much of an issue as Islamophobia in the Tory party but they aren't judged equally are they. One is consistently used as a stick to beat Corbyn with and yet Johnson in comparison gets a free pass. In the last day under his leadership the Tories have dropped an inquiry into Islamophobia within the Tory party.

Corbyn is not a good leader there is no doubting that. Labour do though have some very good policies and much of that is down to him. People can play down the impact of the media but it does play a huge part and if Corbyn was just given a fair crack of the whip with the media Labour would have a far better chance in this election.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

It would be close but a fair fight so too speak.  Boris / Blair would be so close IMO,  no way would Blair walk it either,  he is in some people's eyes a war criminal with happy Labour red jazz hands that's not red paint.

So if Blair is hypothetically close,  how far away is Corbyn from being a real contender ?  

Just now, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

It would be close but a fair fight so too speak.  Boris / Blair would be so close IMO,  no way would Blair walk it either,  he is in some people's eyes a war criminal with happy Labour red jazz hands that's not red paint.

So if Blair is hypothetically close,  how far away is Corbyn from being a real contender ?  

He is a war criminal but he knew how to engage with the public. He knew how to be a opposition leader and put the Tories in check. 

Think he would wipe the floor with Johnson personally.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Antisemitism within the Labour party is about as much of an issue as Islamophobia in the Tory party but they aren't judged equally are they. One is consistently used as a stick to beat Corbyn with and yet Johnson in comparison gets a free pass. In the last day under his leadership the Tories have dropped an inquiry into Islamophobia within the Tory party.

Corbyn is not a good leader there is no doubting that. Labour do though have some very good policies and much of that is down to him. People can play down the impact of the media but it does play a huge part and if Corbyn was just given a fair crack of the whip with the media Labour would have a far better chance in this election.

One is supposedly the party of equality, the party that supports the working class no matter what race, creed or religion they belong to. That party can’t begin to tackle and highlight those problems until it cleans its own house otherwise it just gets thrown back in its face.

Complaining that the Tories are islamaphobic (and anti-Semitic if the truth be known) just as much as Labour is anti-Semitic is silly, the two parties are held to different standards for a reason, no-one expects them to be any different. 

The it’s not fair argument just doesn't acknowledge the problem exists and it does exist and that’s the way Labour and the majority of its members seem to be tackling the issue. Labour's whole approach has been damaging. One can only imagine it’s because some of their best activists are at the heart of this.

It needs to be tackled head on yet it’s continually sidelined

• Like 2