The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

But given it was a Lib Dem seat from 1997 - 2017, it's probably not one they are going to be keen to walk away from?

I also expect that they would be focusing on where they have a strong activist base and local representation, and holding a seat for 20 years is going to do that.

Just to back up my expectation, these are the last Local Council election results. Slight skewage in that Norwood was electing 2 councillors so I just used highest figure for each party (very little variance anyway)

Ward Lib Lab Con UKIP Green  
Cambridge 1398 381 962 492 154  
Meols 1948 536 608 333 137  
Norwood 928 1239 460 416 342  
Kew 791 1124 446 454 212  
Birkdale 1710 900 370 311 288  
Ainsdale 944 907 1257 431 246  
Dukes 1729 511 797 285 194  
  9448 5598 4900 2722 1573 24241
  38.97529 23.09311 20.21369 11.22891 6.489006 100

You'll note that UKIP still had a significant presence but don't appear to have a declared candidate yet (NF Corp do)

Greens also have a significant presence

The really odd thing here is that the seat is a leave seat with a leave MP but I oddly think it will elect a remainer 

This ones quite the announcement. LibDems and Plaid are not going to field candidates in the Vale of Glamorgan...

Plaid Cymru and the Lib Dems step aside in the Vale of Glamorgan – giving Labour a free run at Cairns

Nation.Cymru

Looks like you've had choice of vote removed @chrisp65

Well you could vote Green, who they've stepped aside for in theory but in practice I don't think the Greens vote of 400 odd is going to overturn the Tory vote

35 minutes ago, bickster said:

This ones quite the announcement. LibDems and Plaid are not going to field candidates in the Vale of Glamorgan...

Nation.Cymru

Looks like you've had choice of vote removed @chrisp65

Well you could vote Green, who they've stepped aside for in theory but in practice I don't think the Greens vote of 400 odd is going to overturn the Tory vote

I’ve not voted in the thread poll yet, I’d had a bit of itk but I’d also worked it out for myself.

Tories were supposed to do a leaflet drop here today and they cancelled it. It’s not cut n dry that Cairns is still going to be their candidate and it was his picture on the leaflets.

• Like 1

There have been no recent polls done in the last few days,  will be interesting to see how things have changed in 2 or 3 days.

I quite like the poll tracker on the guardian, I think it uses all the polls as it goes along and as they are completed.  So in theory it shows a good representation of the polls.

the get Surrey online poll currently has

Libs 43%

Conservative 33%

Brexit 10%

Labour 9%

Green 3%

not entirely scientific as old people don't know how to use the internet and that obviously hampers the Conservative vote but still quite an interesting snapshot

10 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

the get Surrey online poll currently has

Libs 43%

Conservative 33%

Brexit 10%

Labour 9%

Green 3%

not entirely scientific as old people don't know how to use the internet and that obviously hampers the Conservative vote but still quite an interesting snapshot

Well there are reports that private polling indicates the Tories will be wiped out in London in favour of the LibDems.

So maybe these figures include the London bits of Slurry?