The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hmm you know it's bad if your having ex Labour mps telling voters to vote conservative as Corbyn apparently is not fit to run the country udner working under him.

He is also not standing for reelection (even as an independent), pro-Israel (so against Corbyn's position), allegedly working for Tories (according to McDonald - I haven't been able to verified), and generally has been anti-Corbyn from day 1. To be fair to Corbyn, he may not be the most neutral of observers. 

What is interesting is a point that Diane Abbott makes (I know!), where Ken Clarke whilst has not outright stated he wouldn't vote Tories, he has said he won't vote for this type of Tory government. That was a few days ago but not a word about it? 

• Like 1

Ian Austin is the MP for Dudley North not the most affluent of areas. I'd be amazed if his soon to be ex constituents would be better off under a Johnson led Tory government than a Corbyn led Labour one. Basically his hatred of Corbyn has led Austin to do what he often does and talk out of his arse.

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

Ian Austin is the MP for Dudley North not the most affluent of areas. I'd be amazed if his soon to be ex constituents would be better off under a Johnson led Tory government than a Corbyn led Labour one. Basically his hatred of Corbyn has led Austin to do what he often does and talk out of his arse.

His ideas on curbing immigration would have made Teresa May look socially inclusive

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

My guess is Corbyn.

For Mansfield, you'd be utterly wrong.  No idea on the others, though.

Edit:  That makes it seem like I'd know the voting intention of everyone in Mansfield - obviously not.  There may have been some who didn't vote Labour because of JC.

Edited by bobzy

48 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Everything Austin says about anything to do with the current Labour party should be taken with a grain of salt.

This is a man who hates Corbyn so much he heckled him during a response to the Chilcot inquiry on the Iraq war. He'd be hurling shit if Corbyn pledged to build a million hospitals.

Yup.

Second biggest story on the BBC News site, though, and that's all that people will read/care about rather than anything else.

This LibDem candidate needs to get up to speed with his party's policy, he's calling for a referendum...doh

It does show that Southport is one of the election pact seats. Of the top of my head... it's a three way marginal. traditionally a LibDem seat but Labour made huge inroads here last time which allowed the Tory's through the middle to win. I think last time it went Tory, Lab, LibDem as the 1,2,3. It'll be an interesting seat to watch

Yep, just checked, here's the 2017 figures for Southport

General election 2017: Southport[10]
Party Candidate Votes % ±
  Conservative Damien Moore 18,541 38.7 +10.7
  Labour Liz Savage 15,627 32.6 +13.4
  Liberal Democrat Sue McGuire 12,661 26.4 −4.6
  UKIP Terry Durrance 1,127 2.4 -14.5
Majority 2,914 6.1 +9.1
Turnout 47,956 69.1 +3.6
  Conservative gain from Liberal Democrat Swing Decrease 1.4

wiki

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

This LibDem candidate needs to get up to speed with his party's policy, he's calling for a referendum...doh

To be fair, I got the impression that the Lib Dem policy was that if they got a majority, they would take it as a sign that the country wanted to remain and would revoke Article 50. Otherwise they will seek a 2nd referendum. Therefore suggesting either/or isn't against the party policy. Am I wrong in thinking this? 

1 minute ago, cyrusr said:

To be fair, I got the impression that the Lib Dem policy was that if they got a majority, they would take it as a sign that the country wanted to remain and would revoke Article 50. Otherwise they will seek a 2nd referendum. Therefore suggesting either/or isn't against the party policy. Am I wrong in thinking this? 

So he's campaigning not to win? Novel!

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yep, just checked, here's the 2017 figures for Southport

General election 2017: Southport[10]
Party Candidate Votes % ±
  Conservative Damien Moore 18,541 38.7 +10.7
  Labour Liz Savage 15,627 32.6 +13.4
  Liberal Democrat Sue McGuire 12,661 26.4 −4.6
  UKIP Terry Durrance 1,127 2.4 -14.5
Majority 2,914 6.1 +9.1
Turnout 47,956 69.1 +3.6
  Conservative gain from Liberal Democrat Swing Decrease 1.4

wiki

But given it was a Lib Dem seat from 1997 - 2017, it's probably not one they are going to be keen to walk away from?

I also expect that they would be focusing on where they have a strong activist base and local representation, and holding a seat for 20 years is going to do that.

23 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

But given it was a Lib Dem seat from 1997 - 2017, it's probably not one they are going to be keen to walk away from?

I also expect that they would be focusing on where they have a strong activist base and local representation, and holding a seat for 20 years is going to do that.

I expect them to retake it, that's my prediction. NF Corp are standing (UKIP got a significant 7k in 2015, which will dilute the Tory vote). I also expect the Libs to benefit from the Tories here