The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

You won't :)

It just surprised me that it was so few people. Oh and It's OK Tone, you know I don't take anything you say seriously :P

me too tbh (now that its been pointed out)

• Like 1

Lib Dems apparently not challenging Dominic Grieve for his seat as he is standing as a pro-remain independent. They are also not going to put a candidate forward on the Isle of Wight to allow the Greens a clear run at challenging the Tories. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, blandy said:

You're right, sorry. It's the other way round. The locals want her, Corbyn's cabal doesn't.

Why do I get the feeling this conversation has a flavour of 'heads you win, tails I lose'? :D

You may very very well be right; it would hardly be the first time in political history that people played funny games during candidate selection, and not just in the Labour party either. Or, who knows, maybe she did 'shout at a disabled party member', as she is apparently accused of. 

Having considered the matter carefully, I have come to the conclusion that I don't care enough about Sally Gimson's political career to finish this sente

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Why do I get the feeling this conversation has a flavour of 'heads you win, tails I lose'? :D

because it's sums up Labour's chances :P

But there is shenanigans between the Local Labour lot wanting one thing and the Corbyns over-ruling them and trying to impose someone else.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I sincerely hope that Hall Green will be represented by a Labour MP who doesn't hate gay people after December 12th. 

Have to choose my words very very carefully here, but I for one will not miss R Godsiff or his support staff one bit.  Not pleasant people and any change will be refreshing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Farage isn't running either. 

Because standing on the sidelines shouting is easier and more profitable than failing to get elected again.

He never, ever was going to run.

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Because standing on the sidelines shouting is easier and more profitable than failing to get elected again.

He never, ever was going to run.

Brexit would be a disaster for Faridge. He "needs" it not to happen.

• Like 1

I don't know why, but the extreme Americanism of the Tory Election launch scares me... Standing behind supporters waving placards using overtly them and us themes...populism at its worst. BBC do fact check and it mostly rubbish and yet there is no need to openly correct it.

The show is more important than the reality. And it works, easily. The world really does create its own problems, I fear it's beyond saving now. Every country is getting more insular, less welcoming, less inclusive, borders are reappearing... Scary.

Watson going isn't a bad thing. He's a shameless careerist, every move to improve his standing. And while he did sometimes do the right thing, you always knew he was looking at the options that did best for him. The kind of guy that would advocate genocide if he thought it moved him a millimetre up the power ladder.

If Labour fancy making the first move in that tactical voting / candidates not trying as hard as they might have thing, here might be a nice place to join forces:

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1