The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

56 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Are the Lib Dem’s actually a chance of winning in your area?

I don't think so it's a Labour safe seat but Joan Ryan our useless mp isn't running thank god so lib dems have a chance. 

41 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Fair point, if the original post was ridiculing in any way.

It was a scathing criticism of the totally unrepresentative voting system we live in. 

I may as well piss on my ballot and put it in the box in Lichfield.

I think that would be classed as a Tory vote

5 minutes ago, Rodders said:

it comes down in part to a pragmatic attitude to numbers of likely voters to change their mind, which is admittedly very hard to predict in this kind of election, where one single issue can cross parties in terms of it's influence, so perhaps the safe seat dictum isn't as strong a factor, but even so, the previous election happened post the Brexit vote, so you can argue the numbers up for grabs this time around aren't likely to be huge. In the seats where the Lib Dem is c15-20k+ behind say Labour, it just seems awfully optimistic to vote Lib Dems in those scenarios. I.e. a case where labour and tory are separately by only a couple of thousand or so one way or another. It comes down to whether you trust enough remainers will also abandon labour or tory to vote lib dem, or the 'safer' option being to go for the nearest contender - i.e  labour. 

yeah fair point 

Nearly a third of voters changed parties between 2015 and 2017  , I suspect it would require more than that for the Libs to win some seats but ICM polling suggests Conservative will lose around 11% of votes to the Brexit party ( seems to be balanced by a suggestion of 12% going labour to Lib) ... so its not impossible for the Libs to overturn some big margins

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Do you actually only want to vote for the Libs because they're also called Dems? ;)

It's a great start  😃

Can't vote for Corbyn the guys a completely terrible Labour leader. Boris is Boris don't trust him.

Labour would wipe the floor with the Tories if they had a half decent leader. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It's a great start  😃

Can't vote for Corbyn the guys a completely terrible Labour leader. Boris is Boris don't trust him.

Labour would wipe the floor with the Tories if they had a half decent leader. 

100% agreed on Corbyn, and Labour's chances without him.

However, in 2019, in reality, on a seat by seat basis, in some seats, a vote against Labour is a vote for Boris, and therefore Brexit.

55 minutes ago, Xann said:

This isn't the election to show my dissatisfaction with the major parties.

Will be returning to the Greens, if we manage to stop the Eton boys and suited psychopaths

Fair comment.

Many people will take the view that now is exactly the time to show their dissatisfaction with the major parties, and as a consequence there's likely to be some major shifts in results in seats.

They'll do that because "the current parties haven't got Brexit done", they'll do it because the current lot have turned everything to shit, they'll do it because Climate Emergency,, they'll do it because Scotland / NI/ Wales is geting a raw deal and so on.

I believe that in many seats, the old "vote for whoever came second to the tories last time" to get them out is yesterday's advice that doesn't fit today's situation.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, blandy said:

I believe that in many seats, the old "vote for whoever came second to the tories last time" to get them out is yesterday's advice that doesn't fit today's situation.

It was starkly obvious that our major parties were a bunch of pricks at the last election and look what happened.

9 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Probably an interesting seat to watch.  Long-standing Labour but voted to leave the EU with a large majority as per most of north Nottinghamshire.  John Mann was strongly both anti-Corbyn and pro-leave.  I imagine this will be a Tory gain.

14 minutes ago, Xann said:

It was starkly obvious that our major parties were a bunch of pricks at the last election and look what happened.

Indeed. Good point. I wonder how many people will go "not making that mistake again"? I suspect it might be rather a large number.

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Probably an interesting seat to watch.  Long-standing Labour but voted to leave the EU with a large majority as per most of north Nottinghamshire.  John Mann was strongly both anti-Corbyn and pro-leave.  I imagine this will be a Tory gain.

Wonder if they've realised that parachuting in one of Corbyn's London cabal was a bit of a dim move, given what you say? 

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

100% agreed on Corbyn, and Labour's chances without him.

However, in 2019, in reality, on a seat by seat basis, in some seats, a vote against Labour is a vote for Boris, and therefore Brexit.

What we actually agreed on something involving politics? 😉