The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not sure what Corbyn said but anything short of "I'll be pissed and bloated like the rest of country, so I'll possibly forget" would be unacceptable

No way would he eat more than he needs,  has his own small plate,  spends most of the meal passing things to others.  A bit like Jesus I imagine except on the 25th,  Jeremy could be jobless.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, snowychap said:
3 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Do you think anyone cares if he/anyone actually watches the speech?

Unfortunately, yes.

It's a bit mental,  it is actually worrying or thinking about other people's TV viewing habits on a particular day at a specific time.

There has to be better things to do ? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

It's a bit mental,  it is actually worrying or thinking about other people's TV viewing habits on a particular day at a specific time.

There has to be better things to do ? 

I’ve got your number, pal. You’re the sort of commie pervert that only wears a standard poppy and doesn’t have any Help For Heroes branded clothes.

• Haha 2

On 03/12/2019 at 14:00, mjmooney said:

I also just got the infamous Ian Austen letter. I'd like to meet the guy and give him a slap. 

If you do, then please also give him a cuddle, from me.  Just to confuse him.

I suspect he's easily confused.

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

This account is great for constantly reminding yourself that most voters do not have a particularly coherent perspective on things. Meet Mr Dundee East:

May I remind you that case notes should not be shared outside a clinical setting?  It is a violation of the patient's privacy.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

And, I also visit the homeless shelter, either on Christmas Day, or the day before, to talk to, and listen to people's lives, about how they could be made better with a government that cared for them.'

You seem to overlook the key sentence in what you quote.

He's not sat on his arse all day, watching telly and necking vodka.

He's visiting homeless people, but without a phalanx of journos and photographers to record it.

1 hour ago, peterms said:

You seem to overlook the key sentence in what you quote.

He's not sat on his arse all day, watching telly and necking vodka.

He's visiting homeless people, but without a phalanx of journos and photographers to record it.

unless he visited them the day before as per his quote....

Not sure how that would stop him tuning into madge in that case, seems like he has a free afternoon.

Regardless it turns out he wasn't even right about going the day before anyway as it was the 23rd when he turned up at a shelter last year which gives him a whole 2 days to schedule some time to watch the queens speech, or at least the repeat of it ;)

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, peterms said:

A quick google revealed he usually does a political speech and numerous photos are taken, so I don't think that's strictly accurate ..it's also on the 23rd or 24th .. Christmas day hes at home  , he even confessed last year to watching the Eastenders special , yet another reason why he isn't fit for office :)

fair play to him  for doing it , but lets not pretend it isn't being done for political gain

9 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

unless he visited them the day before as per his quote....

Not sure how that would stop him tuning into madge in that case, seems like he has a free afternoon.

Regardless it turns out he wasn't even right about going the day before anyway as it was the 23rd when he turned up at a shelter last year which gives him a whole 2 days to schedule some time to watch the queens speech, or at least the repeat of it ;)

I think my parents occasionally watched it.  I'm trying to think of anyone else I've ever known who has mentioned watching it, and no-one comes to mind.

It's very odd that anyone would think there's some kind of expectation that anyone would, or that there's any more expectation that a politician would - as opposed to watching the actual queen's speech, which is the outlining of a forthcoming set of legislation, rather than the fireside chat.  Also quite a comment on the Mail, that they have to try to spin not watching it or even being sure what time it airs, as some sort of failing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

A quick google revealed he usually does a political speech and numerous photos are taken, so I don't think that's strictly accurate ..it's also on the 23rd or 24th .. Christmas day hes at home  , he even confessed last year to watching the Eastenders special , yet another reason why he isn't fit for office :)

fair play to him  for doing it , but lets not pretend it isn't being done for political gain

The Eastenders point is a fair cop.

• Like 1

yeah , not watching it is no biggie , though presumably the question was intended as a trap to show Corbyn as a republican wanting to behead the Queen    , pretending to watch it was like John Redwood pretending to know the words to the Welsh national anthem, and he should have known better

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Swinson's interview last night should be big news, though it probably won't:

I don't feel so confident about his second prediction, but the first seems pretty much iron-clad at this point.

seems like total conjecture to me. If your priority is to get this horseshit out of the way asap then going with the already negotiated awful deal that nobody likes vs remain seems like an eminently sensible thing to do. No more talks, straight to referendum job done.

I can't see how that says coalition with Tories. It says lets get this horseshit over.

Why do people make this shit up?