The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

54 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

How can corbyn completly bollox up the answer to "do you sit down to watch the queens speech?" when talking about what he does on christmas day

What I find is that when he has to venture off his prepared script he degenerates into a babbling mess of a man. Semi convincing on script, awful off it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

What I find is that when he has to venture off his prepared script he degenerates into a babbling mess of a man. Semi convincing on script, awful off it.

I just don't get why he would even lie about something so stupid. Why he wouldn't just say the rest of what he actually said, Usually out for excercise in the morning, have some family time & dinner, off out to homeless shelter & catch up with the speech/tv/ watch a movie later.

Do you think anyone cares if he/anyone actually watches the speech?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

I just don't get why he would even lie about something so stupid. Why he wouldn't just say the rest of what he actually said, Usually out for excercise in the morning, have some family time & dinner, off out to homeless shelter & catch up with the speech/tv/ watch a movie later.

Do you think anyone cares if he/anyone actually watches the speech?

Yep - ridiculous.  Such an easy answer.

Boris Johnson claimed children of working mothers 'more likely to mug you'

'Boris Johnson made claims that children of working mothers in low-income families were “unloved and undisciplined” and more likely to “mug you on the street corner”, it has emerged.

In a 2006 collection of journalism, entitled Have I Got Views for You, Johnson bemoaned the increasing tendency of women to work, saying they had been “socially gestapoed into the workplace”.

“In the last 30 years an ever-growing proportion of British women have been ‘incentivised’ or socially gestapoed into the workplace, on what seems to me to be the dubious assumption that the harder a woman works the happier she will be, when I am not sure that is true of women or anyone else,” he wrote.

In the book, published before he became mayor of London, Johnson said an increasing number of female graduates tended to pair up with male graduates – a process known by economists as “assortative mating” – and that they then pool their advantages.

“The result is that in families on lower incomes the women have absolutely no choice but to work, often with adverse consequences for family life and society as a whole – in that unloved and undisciplined children are more likely to become hoodies, Neets [not in education, employment or training] and mug you on the street corner.”'

more on link: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/04/boris-johnson-claimed-children-of-working-mothers-more-likely-to-mug-you?CMP=share_btn_tw

You have to love that all of this stuff that he wrote in actual books is only now 'emerging'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

and it's not a Brexit question, it's a trade question

Yes that pedantry makes a difference to the substantive point doesn't it?

NATO summit presser and someone asks a "trade" question...

It's ludicrous to complain that he answered the question and said that he thought they'd run out of material to ask him so shut the presser down.

If he'd been asked a defence / international relations question and deliberately veered into Brexit / Trade irrelevantly then the complaint would have some merit but that didn't happen

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

(I should put my cards on the table, and say that I don't completely disagree with his analysis there - which ironically he shares with Elizabeth Warren - more the crass bigotry it's couched in).

I don't think there's a lot wrong with what he's saying it, the issue is how he's saying it. But in those days he was a 'journalist' and presumably keeping both his audience in mind and attempting to be consistent with his 'signature' style of bombastic elitism. 

He is point blank an absolute word removed with a rap sheet up there with the worst of them but this is really nothing more than a non event to me.

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I don't think there's a lot wrong with what he's saying it, the issue is how he's saying it. But in those days he was a 'journalist' and presumably keeping both his audience in mind and attempting to be consistent with his 'signature' style of bombastic elitism. 

He is point blank an absolute word removed with a rap sheet up there with the worst of them but this is really nothing more than a non event to me.

I think there's plenty of evidence that he has little time for the little people, and the fact that his whole media career was built on 'punching down' comedy is absolutely no kind of excuse for anything. You're right that it's hardly the most important issue of all. Then again, the last page has been spent on a Corbyn gaffe about the Queen's Christmas Address (not the Queen's Speech, as it was ironically misidentified on the previous page).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

I presume the fountain will be dry as a mark of respect?

The guy that came to fix the fountain stayed over for 4 days in a guest room before saying he had to pop to Woking to get parts.

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Yes that pedantry makes a difference to the substantive point doesn't it?

NATO summit presser and someone asks a "trade" question...

It's ludicrous to complain that he answered the question and said that he thought they'd run out of material to ask him so shut the presser down.

If he'd been asked a defence / international relations question and deliberately veered into Brexit / Trade irrelevantly then the complaint would have some merit but that didn't happen

I wasn't being a pedant.

He met with Trump, the future of the NHS is a hot topic these days. I thought it wasn't too irrelevant.

13 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Do you sit-down to watch the Queens speech Mr Corbyn? 

Oh yes, absolutely. I’ve got a top hat and a union flag waist coat and I’ve got a doll I dress up as a royal baby and I sit there in a Queen Mum face mask and dunk duchy original biscuits in my Charles and Diana mug. I’m like the Windsor weirdos crowd that come out of the woodwork every time there’s a wedding or an assassination.

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Oh yes, absolutely. I’ve got a top hat and a union flag waist coat and I’ve got a doll I dress up as a royal baby and I sit there in a Queen Mum face mask and dunk duchy original biscuits in my Charles and Diana mug. I’m like the Windsor weirdos crowd that come out of the woodwork every time there’s a wedding or an assassination.

It was a question purely to trip him up. I am assuming that he is a republican. I would hope so.

• Like 1