The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

The Brexit Party Policies were so easy to spot in that they were all populist bollocks with no hint of being realistic

I also have to say that in some policy areas I had to go with best fit asI didn't really agree with any of the options. I also probably ruled out some green & Labour policies on the grounds that they were complete fantasy  (planting how many trees in 2 seconds flat?)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

The Brexit Party Policies were so easy to spot in that they were all populist bollocks with no hint of being realistic

I also have to say that in some policy areas I had to go with best fit asI didn't really agree with any of the options. I also probably ruled out some green & Labour policies on the grounds that they were complete fantasy  (planting how many trees in 2 seconds flat?)

Yeah, I did all of the categories, so if I applied weighting to the issues I care about most then it would look a bit different. Doing that I'd actually have much higher proportions for Lib Dems and Green. The issues where labour ranked aren't as important to me outside of jobs/ work and democracy but those would still rank behind Brexit, economy, health, education, tax, transport and environment.

• Like 2

The Tories got me on Transport, but otherwise it was about what I expected.  More Green than I anticipated, though.  Labour is a wasted vote in my constituency, though, so it'll still be the yellows for me.

The Brexit PLC policies were so easy to spot.  Just vague soundbites.  Garbage.

Screenshot 2019-12-03 at 13.51.57.png

• Like 1

40% Green
40% Lib Dem
13.3% Labour
6.7% Brexit (what the ****?! :o)

Green policies:  Democracy, Economy, Foreign Policy, Immigration, Jobs/Work, Transport
Lib Dem policies:  Brexit, Environment, Equalities, Health/NHS, Tax, Welfare/Pensions
Labour policies:  Education, Housing
Brexit policy:  Crime

Not surprised with the overall result (outside of the Brexit bit) but quite surprised with which policies fell under which party.  e.g: Loads of "Green" views, but not on the environment.  I must look into my views on Crime, though.  Terrible :D 

Mine came out massively, overwhelmingly Green Party. Then LibDem, Labour, Tories (all about on the same small %s). 

The danger with this thing is that is more likely to encourage 'conscience voting' over anti-Tory tactical. 

I shall be voting Labour. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

The Tories got me on Transport, but otherwise it was about what I expected.  More Green than I anticipated, though.  Labour is a wasted vote in my constituency, though, so it'll still be the yellows for me.

The Brexit PLC policies were so easy to spot.  Just vague soundbites.  Garbage.

They were also the shortest. Which confirms that were written on the back of a fag packet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've gone all Ferngully, apparently.  Not that it'll matter in Torystoke, if diddling the taxpayer and thumbing your nose at the resultant board of enquiry didn't sway people away then I'm not sure what will.

image.thumb.png.c2f32db52a85586fc9518d3760a3f8ef.png

• Like 1

I just did all and I’m even more surprised now  I’m equal 26.7 Green and Lib Dem. The two parties I never thought I would vote for! 

edit: I picked Brexits policies on Tax and democracy.  Does that make me a bad person?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I just did all and I’m even more surprised now  I’m equal 26.7 Green and Lib Dem. The two parties I never thought I would vote for! 

I guess a lot of people are surprised by their results. I certainly thought I'd be much more Labour than 15%.

We really need a proportional representation system. It can't go on where people are voting for parties they agree with only 15% of the time to prevent the party they agree with (apparently!) 7% of the time getting in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I guess a lot of people are surprised by their results. I certainly thought I'd be much more Labour than 15%.

We really need a proportional representation system. It can't go on where people are voting for parties they agree with only 15% of the time to prevent the party they agree with (apparently!) 7% of the time getting in.

I wasn’t going to bother voting but after doing this I think I will chose one of Green or Lib Dem’s. I think It will be Green Party. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

I just don't see how anyone can vote Tory seeing what they have done over the last 9 years...

That's heartbreaking man.

And there are people who have it even worse than that.

Makes you stop and think just a bit.

Edited by bannedfromHandV