The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

To give Spurs their due, no play on words intended. All of my Spurs loving friends are all raving Corbyn cult members. Of the 4 of them, all of them when I had an account on Facebook were cheerleaders for him.

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

You don't get more Tory than Spurs surely?

Good point. I was taken for a beer to the Spurs bar on Lan Kwai Fong by a bunch of rugger people at one point, that was one of the more Tory experiences I've had.

I think Spurs do lose a bit of Tory-ness though, due to the area their ground is located in. 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Good point. I was taken for a beer to the Spurs bar on Lan Kwai Fong by a bunch of rugger people at one point, that was one of the more Tory experiences I've had.

I think Spurs do lose a bit of Tory-ness though, due to the area their ground is located in. 

Are there any football grounds not located in low rent areas? Can't think of one offhand apart from maybe Arsenal. They be very very Tory imo

14 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

To give Spurs their due, no play on words intended. All of my Spurs loving friends are all raving Corbyn cult members. Of the 4 of them, all of them when I had an account on Facebook were cheerleaders for him.

But... but... Jews hate Corbyn? 

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Are there any football grounds not located in low rent areas? Can't think of one offhand apart from maybe Arsenal. They be very very Tory imo

Not many, admittedly. Still, there are degrees of deprivation, and Tottenham is really deprived. 

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Holloway road is pretty dodgy. Fulham and Chelsea have grounds in nicer areas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

As well as the ones mentioned, the Forest ground is a couple of minutes walk from quite an upmarket bit of Nottingham. Bolton play in Horwich, most of which is relatively affluent.

2 hours ago, bickster said:

It depends what you define as low rent? Stamford Bridge (in Fulham) is just off the Fulham Road. The average rent for a one bedroom in Fulham is probably, at a guess, >£2000 pcm. There are, however, some local authority developments (council estates) within a walking(ish) distance to the ground, though. 

Craven Cottage is the same. It’s also in Fulham and just over the water from Putney & Barnes - both areas aren’t low rent, even for London standards. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Similar for me, I remember being next to a group of hooray henrys at Happy Valley races. They were all wearing chinos, polo shirts and having a heated debate about what was best Rolex of all time.

I slid my hand into my pocket as I was wearing my £10 classic Casio watch (the watch of terrorists by all accounts)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

I imagine that tagline was only used in the Al Jazeera ads.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-13194733   :D

Now this unassuming, black, plastic, digital timepiece has found itself in the news for a different reason. Leaked US documents reportedly advised interrogators at Guantanamo Bay that possession of the F-91W could be a link to bombing by al-Qaeda.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

I saw someone else on FB who had received one of these letters. Apparently delivered by Royal Mail but not in an envelope. 

Haven’t received mine yet, but I’ve just had the mother of all curries so hopefully it arrives first thing in the morning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1