The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

It's pretty weird that our poll shows such lopsided results. I know that the lefties in this thread (myself included) can probably be pretty overbearing sometimes, but this is an anonymous poll. 

Anyway, time for a challenge. Can you identify the club, by the 'who are you voting for' poll?:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's pretty weird that our poll shows such lopsided results. I know that the lefties in this thread (myself included) can probably be pretty overbearing sometimes, but this is an anonymous poll. 

Anyway, time for a challenge. Can you identify the club, by the 'who are you voting for' poll?:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Third one has to be Swansea or Cardiff based on the fact that there is a significant vote for Plaid Cymru. 

The second one, given the large volume of votes and the wide range, I suspect that this is one of the "big 6" and given the large Labour vote, I suspect it is a London team, though not Spurs. Chelsea maybe?

The first not a clue, possibly Leicester because of the colour? 

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Is the middle one Liverpool? 

Top is either someone like Chelsea or possibly Leicester - club with a catchment that picks up affluent and poorer areas. I'd probably go Leicester just because I imagine with so many clubs to choose in London many poorer fans would not support Chelsea. Leicester is smack bang in poor and rich areas without as much club congestion.

Middle is going to be a big 4/6 club, simply because of the range of parties, save most likely from a poorer area. So that's going to be Liverpool, or either of the Manc clubs (but most likely United because of the Irish pulls).

No idea on the last one. The Plaid vote suggests Welsh obviously, but I can't see it being Swansea or Cardiff. It could be a team with possible Welsh catchment, like Liverpool, but I don't see any Liverpool fan community having that many Tories. So... **** knows.

19 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

5.jpg

From 'We Will Journey On', which seems to be a small forum for noses. The only surprise isn't that the Tory and Brexit party numbers aren't reversed. 

They're probably, definitely, gonna vote for oo-ever can get them lot out. Bloody sick of it. Had to wait 40 minutes to see a doctor about my ear ache.

22 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Interesting leafleting so far in Rushcliffe.  Haven't had anything from Labour yet (odd), but both the Conservatives and Lib Dems are claiming that incumbent MP Ken Clarke has said he'd vote for them :D 

18 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Lib Dem leaflets are if nothing else, unreliable, so I wouldn't put too much stock in what they say about anything.

Well there's a contest in itself. Which party lies more than the other. LibDems or Tory. The traditional lying party has been overtaken this election methinks

3 hours ago, cyrusr said:

In pretty much the same boat. If I felt there was a realistic chance for the Greens, I would probably vote for them as policies closer. However, they have absolutely no chance (think will be 4th or 5th) and is a relatively safe Labour seat. However, Tories are 2nd and I believe it is a majority leave area so there are risk factors for the Tories to sneak it. I am thinking Labour would be safer bet, despite me not being particularly keen on them. I do appreciate their policies more so than the Tories and they are proposing PR of the Lords at least, so some movement in that direction. Also given the Labour MP was one of the voices of the anti no-deal stuff earlier on this year I am very grateful for that. 

The main position is to try and stop the country shooting itself in the foot, which it definitely has form for. 

I'm similar to this. I don't want to vote Labour but I honestly don't care who wins out of Labour/LD/Greens as long as the Tories don't win. It's an anti-Tory rather than a Pro-somthing vote which just shows up how pathetic and shoddy our system is.

Ironically, I think it was the Brexit National Front Party that made up my mind when they stood down in all Tory seats. Up until that point I had seriously considered Liberal but it's too big a risk now. The right are playing dirty so we all have to get down in the filth and hold our nose when we vote to ensure they don't succeed.They know they're a minority and have been for quite some years. It's only the massive abundance of left and centre left parties that keeps the Tories in power, hence why we're in this state because they were terrified of their base being split with UKIP.

On balance I think the country can survive 5 years of Corbyn (even if he got in I don't think he'd be there that long tbh) but it definitely can't survive a no-deal Brexit under that lying rocket polisher.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cyrusr said:

So @HanoiVillan, are any of us right? 

1)

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Top is either someone like Chelsea or possibly Leicester - club with a catchment that picks up affluent and poorer areas. I'd probably go Leicester just because I imagine with so many clubs to choose in London many poorer fans would not support Chelsea. Leicester is smack bang in poor and rich areas without as much club congestion.

1 hour ago, cyrusr said:

possibly Leicester because of the colour? 

Yep, one is FoxesTalk. 

2)

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Middle is going to be a big 4/6 club, simply because of the range of parties, save most likely from a poorer area. So that's going to be Liverpool, or either of the Manc clubs (but most likely United because of the Irish pulls).

1 hour ago, rubberman said:

2 Liverpool (clue is 'if eligible' - to exclude all the Norwegians) 

Rubberman wrong, but for the right reasons. Two is RedCafe (red in more than one sense, it seems!)

3)

1 hour ago, cyrusr said:

Third one has to be Swansea or Cardiff based on the fact that there is a significant vote for Plaid Cymru. 

56 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The high vote for Plaid in the third one definitely narrows your options down, but the real clincher is that five people have confessed that they plan to vote for the National Front. 

Third is a Cardiff forum. Always knew they were a bunch of fash bastards. 

• Like 1

The immediate question for me, of course, is 'which are the most Tory teams in the Premier League?' 

I personally feel that outside of the 1922 Committee, AFC Bournemouth is the most Tory thing humans have ever created, but I'm open to counter-arguments. I feel Villa are one of the more Tory teams - heir to the throne is a fan after all - but probably slightly less Tory than Chelsea or Leicester. 

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The immediate question for me, of course, is 'which are the most Tory teams in the Premier League?' 

I personally feel that outside of the 1922 Committee, AFC Bournemouth is the most Tory thing humans have ever created, but I'm open to counter-arguments. I feel Villa are one of the more Tory teams - heir to the throne is a fan after all - but probably slightly less Tory than Chelsea or Leicester. 

You don't get more Tory than Spurs surely?