Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Match Polls  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/19 at 23:59

7 minutes ago, slovenian said:

The Carabao Cup Quarter-Final draw will take place on Thursday 31st October. It will start at 08:45am GMT.

Probably on some obscure medium like QVC or the Zoe Ball Breakfast Show knowing this tournament.

• Like 2

Positives.

Through to the Quarter Finals which basically is all that matters.

Luiz - controlled middle of park. Would have been my MOTM but for concedeing possession for the equaliser.

Lansbury with 2 assists, first one was a delightful pass - which shows he does have something regardless of his haters. 

Elmo with a goal and a solid performance. Decent back up player.

Konsa and Hause looked unflustered - maybe it was the level of performance of opposition.

Davis looked handy at linking up play as we know he can.

Negatives.

Davis injury. Hope it's not too bad.

Taylor was erm.. Taylor. Nearly cost us with that back pass and like many have alluded to, he just kills our momentum.

Inconsistencies with our wide men. I ain't writing either off, but I want to see more over the course of the season.

Hopefully a kind draw in the next round and who knows what could happen. Fingers crossed. 

15 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

We did what we had to do. Didn’t get out of second gear and coasted to victory. 

People slating performances must have watched a different game. Everything came through Luiz. Thought he was excellent. Was too casual for their goal, but he will learn.  

I thought he was hacked down, personally. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I normally get a lot out of even our poorest games but must admit Ive struggled to get excited tonight.

But, we did the job, one step closer to our annual trip to Wembley !

Is your memory going, terry?

That was an effing joy to watch compared to the last 2 or 3 seasons before we were relegated. 🤣 

• Haha 1

Just now, lexicon said:

Is your memory going, terry?

That was an effing joy to watch compared to the last 2 or 3 seasons before we were relegated. 🤣 

I agree. Not complaining, but felt flat considering it was s Cup Win.

Perhaps I miss the jeopardy 🙂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I agree. Not complaining, but felt flat considering it was s Cup Win.

Perhaps I miss the jeopardy 🙂

I enjoyed watching us boss a game without having to try too hard - Luiz's performance being a highlight - but nothing too exciting tbf 

Wolves were poor.  Defensively we were mostly solid.  Offensively we were wasteful and lacking edge.

I'm more convinced with each passing game that Trez and El Ghazi aren't good enough.  Think Davis looked better tonight than Wes has in every game except Everton, which concerns me too now that Davis is injured.

January will need to be another big month for us with 2 wingers and a forward needed at a minimum.

Fingers crossed we have the cash to bring some quality in.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Wolves were poor.  Defensively we were mostly solid.  Offensively we were wasteful and lacking edge.

I'm more convinced with each passing game that Trez and El Ghazi aren't good enough.  Think Davis looked better tonight than Wes has in every game except Everton, which concerns me too now that Davis is injured.

January will need to be another big month for us with 2 wingers and a forward needed at a minimum.

Fingers crossed we have the cash to bring some quality in.

You got in just ahead of me. 🙂

They had 28% of the ball that game so we could have won very comfortably if we just raised our game a little. But end of the day that was our second team and we still won so can’t really complain.

We all know a few of them aren’t good enough for where we want to be but for a first season back in the top flight it’s not a bad team to put out when there’s 9 changes from the previous game!

Wolves’ selection removed any hint of contest from the game, we dominated without having to get out of second gear - their goal was odd, came out of nothing.

Douglas Luiz MOTM but honourable mentions to Lansbury and Elmo. Thought Davis looked good before the injury too.

Bring on the QFs.

1 hour ago, Bizzzle said:

Pretty shit game but at least we won. I did think Trez was as bad as some have said but hey ho. Its always nice when you're team win on your birthday 

Happy Birthday. 

Yes, we were shit but a win in this competition is very welcome. Colchester next! 

• Thanks 1

Lansbury and Davis looked like the only ones who could be arsed. Trez was busy but lacks quality in everything.

Luiz had loads of ball and space but I agreed with the guy who said he didn't look interested. he didn't.......there were times when he had acres in front of him but he just played it back to the centre halves. maybe he's just a berbetov nonchalant type

I was disappointing to see Lansbury subbed instead of luiz.  I think lansbury would make a terrific deep laying play maker. gutted DAvies limped off without scoring. Will this guy ever score goals?

However Wolves B team are worse than tipton town. you'd think an establised prem team would have got a few squad players in the summer to bolster the ranks. like we did players like Konsa and jota.

I only recognised one name on their team sheet Ruddy who looked like father time has caught up with him. 

It was a strange game I thought it was a sell out but the attendance was 34k but it looked pretty full.

we're in the hat thats the important things

Â