Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Match Polls  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/19 at 23:59

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Funny how we can see it totally different!

Agreed, but did you not see their goal? No pressure in midfield, and just bossed off it. You might say it was one mistake but... it wasn't.

Can I just say: what pathetic tactics from Wolves. Flat back five, 2 shots on targets, 0 corners. I know it was their second or even third string but they were absolutely terrible. We weren’t great but we did enough and over 70% possession and 20 attempts on goal tell a story. I would be peeved with Nuno if I’d paid to watch that as a Wolves fan. 

• Like 3

BruceBall returns to Villa Park. I actually kind of missed the ability to watch us roll the ball out from Steer and then go and make a brew and a sarnie before returning and finding us reaching the half way line ...... before either Hourihane or Lansbury played it backwards YET AGAIN to start the process all over. Some truly shocking performances out there tonight !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

BruceBall returns to Villa Park. I actually kind of missed the ability to watch us roll the ball out from Steer and then go and make a brew and a sarnie before returning and finding us reaching the half way line ...... before either Hourihane or Lansbury played it backwards YET AGAIN to start the process all over. Some truly shocking performances out there tonight !

It did feel like a Championship game, didn't it?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

It's what your supposed to do when your winning a game, trying to score a hat full and cheaply surrendering possession is a sure way to lose goal and games.

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

It's what your supposed to do when your winning a game, trying to score a hat full and cheaply surrendering possession is a sure way to lose goal and games.

We were playing a school team ..... some of those players should be able to perform better than what we saw from them tonight.

I've never seen a side look less interested in winning. Fair enough they heavily rotated but my god, they were shocking. 5-4-1 at times doing absolutely nothing. 

We weren't exactly electric ourselves but we didn't even have to get out of 2nd gear. Thought Douglas Luiz was a joy to watch. 

• Like 1

We did what we had to do. Didn’t get out of second gear and coasted to victory. 

People slating performances must have watched a different game. Everything came through Luiz. Thought he was excellent. Was too casual for their goal, but he will learn.  

• Like 2

Â