Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Match Polls  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/19 at 23:59

Comfortable, yet uninspiring.

Really good game from Lansbury. Slightly disappointing game from Trez. The rest mostly showed why they're not getting much match time.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Think I will give Lansbury or Konsa motm. Lansbury gets dibs for the assist. 

Davis were looking good. Real shame about his injury. Settles the discussion in regards the need for another striker I guess. His hold-up play is very good methinks. Could use a year in the championship mind. 

Luiz good. 

Wolves were awful. 

Kodjia isn't for me. 

How our academy can't have a better left back option than Taylor is bonkers. Just give him away. Get rid. 

Utter lack of good delivery from both El Ghazi and Trez. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Defensive depth is great. Midfield depth is average to good but our attacking options are just dire. I'm pretty sure kodija didn't break into a Sprint all game and Keinan could be out for whoever knows how long.  New forward, maybe even 2, in January please. 

• Like 1

A good win. I like it when we can win games seemingly effortlessly.

I gave MotM to Elmo. He took care of the captaincy with style, was vocal from what I could see, and scored the winner. Good game, good chap.

• Like 3

No complaints.

We weren't good but Wolves had 11 men behind the ball the whole game. That can be tricky to break down especially with our second string.

McGinn had a horrible 10 mins after a bright 30 seconds.

Never want to see Taylor in a villa shirt again. Drives me to distraction. His presence nukes anything down that side.

I thought the Wolves goal looked a fair tackle on Luiz to be honest, he was too casual. I think anyway, there weren't many good replays.

Shame to see Ghazi coast through that, he could have gained some confidence. Bit of effort and he could have got himself a hat-trick.

Trez really looks a bust man. Maybe something will click if he gets a goal. Just horrible in possession. Effort good.

2 minutes ago, Enda said:

One decent pass but looked disinterested. Outmuscled multiple times. Gave the ball away in very dangerous positions at least twice.

Thought he played well. Constantly showing for the ball and kept things moving. Other than that I get Lansbury would get it. No one really stood out tbh, was a bit of a meh game.

Â