Pre-Match Thread

HanoiVillan

In full expectation of "mind the gap Aston villa" being sang in the 1st minute what have we actually got for them? 

Slap a dingle and the dingle family? I don't think we have an exclusive to us wolves chant do we? Not one that I know anyway, massive rivalry and all that obviously

It seems their fans are expecting a much weakened team tonight, with most predicting a Villa win (bar the odd deluded dog head). 

Wolves forum (who knew they could read?)

If they play their kids/reserves then they’ll cite that as the reason we win. I’m fine with that as I just want to progress then hit them with our best in the league fixture. 

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

In full expectation of "mind the gap Aston villa" being sang in the 1st minute what have we actually got for them? 

Slap a dingle and the dingle family? I don't think we have an exclusive to us wolves chant do we? Not one that I know anyway, massive rivalry and all that obviously

Wanky wanky wanderers, I’m not a huge fan of it but it was sung loud enough in the 4-1. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

If they play their kids/reserves then they’ll cite that as the reason we win. I’m fine with that as I just want to progress then hit them with our best in the league fixture. 

Let's see if their youth is better than the Brighton youth.

I would go for a strong team tonight - it really doesn’t matter who we play on the weekend against Liverpool because we won’t be winning that one in reality. 

Doesn’t matter who is in their team or how strong they decide to go - the stronger our team the more likely we are to win. Then we would only be a couple of games away from a cup final and a shot at our first prestigious silverware since the Cup of Traditions. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If all fit I think Smith will go for; 

Steer, Elmo, Konsa, Hause, Targett, El Ghazi, McGinn, Hourihane, Lansbury, Trezeguet, Davis

The ones in bold I believe are definite ones to start IMO.

Then for me it's a choice between;

Hause / Mings or Engels or a lesser extent Chester.

Taylor / Targett.

McGinn / Luiz or Nakamba.

I personally would try keep the back four as strong as possible, regardless of what side they put out they will be capable of punishing a weakened defence. Give Mings / McGinn 60 minutes and let's get off to a flying start! Think the front 3 picks itself tonight unless Kodje is somewhere very lose fitness wise.