Ratings & Reactions: Man City v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/10/19 at 23:59

39 minutes ago, lexicon said:

We got what we deserved from the game. Grealish easily our best player and the only one really busting a gut in attack. Disappointed with McGinn, who I felt didn't show up today - I expect more from him. Davis to start next game.

Its a ploy to deter Man Utd

33 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Sterling was offside when De Bruyne hit the shot and directly in front of Heaton!

On a separate point - not a game I expected him to shine but I’m so disappointed with Wesley. We’ve got to persevere until we can bring in an
alternative but the guy is so far off what’s required 

He was on sterling for De Bruyne’s effort. Was offside once it touched silva but VAR decided it didn’t touch him even though the direction of the ball changed. 

We got what we expected, a defeat away to the champions. I’m not the sure the KDB goal was wrongly awarded to be honest, I think we might be clutching at straws there. In the end we were soundly beaten, even though the goals we conceded were disappointing. 

I wish Davis had put that chance away at the end, even more annoying to see McGinn’s shot come back off the post. A goal would’ve given the travelling fans some reward for their loud singing throughout. Man City fans barely made a noise but that’s nothing new. 

Wesley wasn’t great again, I just wish he’d use his size with a bit more aggression. A new striker is sorely needed in January. 

Great team selection by DS

VAR WTF!!

We played really well first half but there quality showed in the end, not overly bothered but thought we could have defended better at times.

Wesley oh Wesley.....Davis did more in 20 mins than you did in 70!

I think the frustration for me is.....We don't seem to be able to beat a team that is reputably better than us......I understand we are work in progress, I hope we address this trait in the future.

Today's result was predictable and we were true to form, no disgrace, but predictable.....its the predictability that worries me.

We was expected to get beat in December 1976 when we hosted the best team in Europe with our  forward line c 20 years of age......my point is the approach, the sheer cheek, devilment, belief and determination, won through that day.

England was expected to be beaten today by arguably the best rugby team on the planet.....but their gameplan and sheer aggression to the task, with an impressive rate of turnovers helped them through....their physicality was awesome.

No one knows more than me we have come a long way.....and in certain things we have come a long way and in others we have much to learn.....I am still not sure the things we have to learn to stay alive in this league are going to addressed.

No one is disputing the quality of this team....But Wolves and Norwich beat them, hardly teams that are swarmed with big money signings or teams to frighten us to be fair.....but they got results against this team.

It is wonderful to have talent and our team has, but at times you need more fight to overcome adversity and a steely determination to make it hard for the opposition.

Personally, I think we have a fair way to go to feel reasonably relaxed in staying in this league.....I still think we have attributes we are short of.

This game in isolation, is not what prompts me to say these things, it was just predictable......other games this season, even ones we have won have prompted me to say it.

I am not down over this result, just looking forward to developing in to a team, that can defy the odds on occasions, right now, not sure we have the qualities in enough players to do so.

Thought Luiz had a really good performance — my motm. Also thought Guilbert was pretty solid against one of the world's best

Think DS had the tactics correct, we just can't compete with one of the best XI's in the world. 

Think the ref had a decent, if bland, game — but VAR is absolutely horrid

Edited by Villaphan04

just been announced on Sky that The Premier League have declared that David Silva's studs did touch the ball from DeBruyne's cross.

so technically it was not a goal.

bet they don't chalk that off.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

just been announced on Sky that The Premier League have declared that David Silva's studs did touch the ball from DeBruyne's cross.

so technically it was not a goal.

bet they don't chalk that off.

That is mental, do they not realise how stupid they are making themselves look

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimzk5 said:

That is mental, do they not realise how stupid they are making themselves look

The thing is Jim......I don't think any other team has been wronged as much as us, by VAR.

They say it equals itself out over a season.......Oh really!!!!

Its getting quite embarrassing now.

• Like 2

Â