Ratings & Reactions: Man City v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/10/19 at 23:59

We’ve played 3 of the ‘big 6’ away and today was the only time we wasn’t really in the game of terms of maybe getting something. Positive signs in some terms. This time last year we lost to QPR and was 16th. I’ll take mid table in the PL and a 3-0 loss to a quality side like city any time thank you. 

Hard to give ratings as it was a weird game. Douglas looked mint first half though. Strikers still a worry. 3rd kit needs to be binned :)  

Not great, but no crisis here. Move along to the next match! There is some utter trash in Premier League this season. Avoid a confidence shattering result next week and we'll be fine heading into xmas.

• Like 1

Meh. Can’t honestly say I expected anything else, but losing always sucks. It’s hard for me to read too much into this match, but here we go anyway:

- We avoided a thrashing, which was my only worry for the match.

- As someone said in the match thread, Man City is one of the best squads in the world. For us to get an away result against them was going to require an off day on their part. Credit to them, they played the way they needed to in order to ensure that wasn’t possible.

- Wes has had his moments this year, but his refusal to bully defenders for the ball is infuriating given his size.

- We’ve yet to see a top side at Villa Park this season. Hopefully when they pay us a visit we can give it a little more of a go. 

Won’t lose too much sleep over this one. UTV

Sterling was offside when De Bruyne hit the shot and directly in front of Heaton!

On a separate point - not a game I expected him to shine but I’m so disappointed with Wesley. We’ve got to persevere until we can bring in an alternative but the guy is so far off what’s required 

No idea how second goal wasn't chalked off by VAR, must have been Moss in the VAR truck. I thought we might have got something out of this but I'm not overly worried by it. 

Mings had an odd one

Heaton didn't really do anything wrong

Their fans/atmosphere was shocking, I could only hear Villa fans.

Glad it's over

11 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Sterling was offside when De Bruyne hit the shot and directly in front of Heaton!

He was clearly onside when the ball was struck and nowhere near Heaton, They showed this at the time and many times since, The only debate is whether silva touched it. If he did then Sterling would have been deemed offside, VAR ruled that he didn't touch it and that it was de bruynes goal so it was fine. Silva said he touched it but the ball doesn't alter course or even spin any differently after his apparent touch.

Thought we would lose 4-1 so 3-0 isn't too bad i guess, Could have been much worse if City had been more awake in front of goal in the first half. Only bet of the day was there being a red card at 6/1 so thanks fernandinho for winning me £120 :)

e8mN4OP.jpg

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

A bit of perspective. Their goalkeeper and 2 1st team FBs all cost more than our record signing.

You make mistakes against the best team, and you get punished, on the positive side I thought Luiz looked really comfortable and classy in midfield, Jack and Marvellous were ok , I thought Mcginn was poor.

Engels and Mings were average, as was Guilbert, I thought Taggert had a good game.

Wes and Trez lack quality.

Overall, we are a newly promoted team, who imho didn't look that much out of place.I still fancy us to survive comfortably, and maybe even press a top 10 finish.

Regarding  future signings, we need good/top quality forward players, £40/50m each next

5 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

He was clearly onside when the ball was struck, They showed this at the time and many times since, The only debate is whether silva touched it. If he did then Sterling would have been deemed offside, VAR ruled that he didn't touch it and that it was de bruynes goal so it was fine. Silva said he touched it but the ball doesn't alter course or even spin any differently after his apparent touch

e8mN4OP.jpg

5EFDD140-25BF-4E4F-A5F2-2F634449E45E.jpeg

Â