Ratings & Reactions: Man City v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/10/19 at 23:59

I thought we turned up expecting to lose and played that way. No pressing or desire to get forward.

Worrying defensive issues as well that have been overlooked in recent games as we have got results papering over the cracks. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Only saw first half and it was a respectable performance. City are so good. It feels like they have 2 extra players on the pitch. 

‘Zackly. Defensive error from Mings and another VAR shocker killed it.

Nothing to be ashamed of. Learn from it, move on. 

• Like 2

We got what we deserved from the game. Grealish easily our best player and the only one really busting a gut in attack. Disappointed with McGinn, who I felt didn't show up today - I expect more from him. Davis to start next game.

• Like 1

It shows how far off we are this level and how much week needs to be done to even get competitive, if the owners' ambitions are sincere.

We're a million miles off this, but I'm interested to see how we perform against the Chelsea's and United's of this world.

As expected really. This and the Liverpool games are just write-offs so while it's disappointing to lose I accepted it a few weeks ago. First half wasn't bad really, solid defensively and caused them a couple issues but once they got the goal basically as soon as the second half kicked off that was it. 

Wesley and Trezeguet just weren't good enough which is a shame because that City defence can be got at. A striker and winger must be priorities in January. 

• Like 1

When Wes has a game like this why does Dean wait so long to take him off.  Maybe it is a confidence thing but Wes's game currently is in no way suited for that type of match.  Other than that slight complaint it was a decent performance that just lacked that cutting edge.  Also, I love Trez and his running but man his finishing/shooting is pants.  $10 to Villatalk when he finally scores one for us.  

to be honest, 3-0 loss to city isnt the end of the world, was a free shot, but it isnt these type of games that will keep us up or relegate us.

Back in the old days when we were really really bad, that would have been a 6-0 drubbing........

another game to learn from and move on.

Â