Match Thread: Villa v Brighton

limpid

I'd been calling for video assistance for years, in hope that it leveled the playing field for the underdogs who never get decisions.

Now that its here I've totally changed my mind as its a bloody disgrace, not the technology but the way the numpties are using it.

Watched the Everton West Ham game earlier and there was a shocker in that too, in fact nearly every game has a shocking VAR moment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

F*** the VAR

F*** VAR, F*** VAR, F*** the VAR, it needs to be gone, they had to bring this bloody crap in the season we go up.

I can't see anything good about VAR, all it does is spoil celebrations for players, fans, it causes no end of problems and it certainly makes the referees act more stupid than normal. I don't think any training can prepare referees for the level of daftness they are going to commit in a football game. Out of all our games there's been two refs that have been on point with var, that's mike Dean and the one from our last game.

• Like 1

Good end to the half following the red card. Poor before hand, Brighton were controlling the game far too easily. Have to go on and win here. Really despise VAR as much as it despises us. Never should have been chalked off. Good response to that setback though.

Now its time to Control, be patient and tear them apart boys

On the BBC website they’re saying there has been loads of rubbish VAR decisions. Missed a clear pen for Watford, who are leading Spurs 1-0, disallowed a Wolves goal for offside, not sure if accurately or not. VAR just isn’t working, probably because it’s being run by the same incompetent idiots as were incapable of refereeing a game without the technical “assistance”. Ruining the game when goals can’t be celebrated properly. 

Southampton (apparently) have conceded 8 goals this season which have been ruled out by the VAR.  It's almost like they are having as much good luck as we are having bad. 

4 minutes ago, jasoncb said:

Its getting to a point you have to question peoples agendas. They look for any excuse to disallow a goal for us.

Well I wonder if they even make sure whoever is on var that they are not associated with the supporting of football in anyway or do they make sure they are not certain clubs footy fans at least when games are being played. I really would love to know how they choose the people behind the var decisions because it smells to me.

• Haha 1