• El Ghazi
    • Wesley
    • Trézéguet (Hourihane 63)
    • Luiz (El Ghazi 75)
    • Davis (Wesley 75)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/10/19 at 22:59

Long day when I go to the match, Telford to Cannock, see daughter and grand kids for an hour, then to  moms another hour, then to my lads and see other grand kids another hour then to VP, a burger and a pint,  sit in traffic trying to get home, back to sons to swap cars and finally back home. So I leave home at 10am and get back around 7:30, I am honestly beginning to find it tiring at my age.

Me and the lad  sat in the Trinity so had  great view but lacks the atmosphere of the Holte

This may sound daft but playing against ten men amazingly did look harder than I thought, It only really seems to make a difference on attack when we have every one in their half. Then we out numbered them. But leaves us totally open at the back when they countered and they were bloody quick. If we left players at the back then we were out numbered on the attack as they defended so well. I was screaming get in the box get in the box Thankfully Jack was the one trying to do this Have to give Brighton credit they are a well organised fast side. As for V.A.R, it is not a technical wizard, it is just some one else's opinion after the fact. It took away the excitement of scoring as when Jack scored we had to shrug our shoulders and stand with our arms open for a few seconds saying does it count, is it a goal this time ??????.

I know this is not a V.A.R thread but I would rather do with out it and moan that a decision was wrong after the fact it evens out over the season. 

All in all had a fantastic time and got back to Telford Knackered with a bloody head ache and in bed by 10pm, I have followed and attended for 50 years traveling all over the country but I am starting to wonder how long I can keep going for I am feeling my age lads. I may only give it another 10 years 

• Like 3

I wouldn't be surprised if Brighton are down the bottom this season.

Sure they retain the ball well and it can be easy on the eye.however they lacked any sort of punch. The goal they scored was from a free kick - after that they caught us on the counter a few times.

Great and deserved 3 points for us. What we are seeing with VAR - is that watching incidents on TV with replays / slow Mo produces a different set of decisions than a bloke on the pitch observing the game live. Which set of decisions are we going to use ? At the moment we are trying to use both.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Brighton are down the bottom this season.

Sure they retain the ball well and it can be easy on the eye.however they lacked any sort of punch. The goal they scored was from a free kick - after that they caught us on the counter a few times.

Great and deserved 3 points for us. What we are seeing with VAR - is that watching incidents on TV with replays / slow Mo produces a different set of decisions than a bloke on the pitch observing the game live. Which set of decisions are we going to use ? At the moment we are trying to use both.

If anything stay showed yesterday they have enough quality to stay up. I think had they had 11 men we probably would have lost that. We were not good enough.

Maupay was excellent. I think we should have gone in for him personally.

• Like 1

Couldn’t watch yesterday (first match I’ve missed this season) but I am so relieved we got the points, regardless of the performance. I did catch the MOTD highlights last night and it was nice to see Shearer and Lineker saying what we’ve all known for years, that Grealish is a very special talent. 

I love that we keep pushing for goals and we got our rewards and justice for the VAR farce at the end. On to City now... 

PS: **** VAR!! 

Will this be the highest motm voting percentage ever? Was our only decent player yesterday. Overall poor performance. However, 2 bad performances out of 9 this season is excellent

6 hours ago, roonst83 said:

Such an important win today. And, despite being thousands of miles away, I got to experience a dramatic ending, too. I’m currently travelling around Argentina for a couple of weeks with my girlfriend and today had to catch two flights to get from Salta to Mendoza via Córdoba. My transit time in between flights was perfectly timed so I could tune in (via a stream) on the airport WiFi for the first half whilst simultaneously holding my phone adapter into the socket in the airport to try get some much needed battery charge. The coverage kept breaking which added to my frustration at seeing us a goal down and being outplayed, as well as my tiredness from a very early start. I was nervous about this game due to the “must win” importance I’d labelled it given our bet. V.tough run of games. Was jubilant to see we were back in it at half time and to see they’d had Mooy sent off. Boarding was delayed so I was constantly refreshing the poor stream for the game and would constantly have to put up with the game freezing randomly in the most inconvenient places (ie, either us or them attacking). They still looked a real threat despite having ten men and I was fighting like mad trying to contain my frustration. As we boarded the plane I had to use my girlfriend’s phone as I haven’t got any coverage or data out here. Again, there was multiple stop start internet connection whilst on the tarmac and every time we missed a chance or gave the ball away in a dangerous position I would make my frustrations known to those around me. So much so my girlfriend was looking at me with great concern and said “are you really this nervous about the game?” to which she got a shaking of the head and dismissive response. As we were in the process of taking off it was now ‘86 mins on the clock and Brighton were breaking on the attack into our half when the phone froze again. I quickly googled “Aston villa” which brought up the live score so I could Ollie he score more easily if needed. I felt panicked and nervous at the risk of (once again) potentially throwing away such a crucial game and handed my girlfriend her phone. Cue an hour’s flight of me biting my nails (literally, cue more astonishment and look of bewilderment from my girlfriend) and fidgeting and counting down the minutes until we landed. It felt worse knowing that the result was already done and dusted and me not having a clue. I suspected it’s be a draw but was fearful of us throwing it away and couldn’t bring myself to believe we’d snatch it as we looked like we couldn’t break them down atall. As we landed I felt hot and anxious and waited as Kate turned her phone back on, she tried to cover her phone from me seeing it (as she “wanted it to be a surprise” in case we won”) but google still showed 1-1. She said it hadn’t refreshed yet so after I frustratingly  told her off for keeping it from me I refreshed the page whilst she was holding the phone to reveal 2-1 to Villa was the final result. Cue absolute scenes from seat 19C on the airplane with me shouting “GET IN THERE BOYS!” and stomping my feet on the ground and throwing fist pumps in the air from my seat. Pretty sure everyone around me thought I was merely relieved to have survived the turbulence as we disembarked. Little did they know. 

That is a hell of a story. Sadly the opposite happened to me during the Arsenal game - took off with 10 minutes to go leading 2-1, landed 2 hours later having lost 3-2!

• Haha 1

Forgive my lack of knowledge/confusion with var, but conors goal was disallowed because of an alleged foul by wes on the keeper in the build up.

For their goal, it came from a free kick after an alleged foul by connor. Was that not checked by var and if so how was free kick not overturned?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Forgive my lack of knowledge/confusion with var, but conors goal was disallowed because of an alleged foul by wes on the keeper in the build up.

For their goal, it came from a free kick after an alleged foul by connor. Was that not checked by var and if so how was free kick not overturned?

"Clear and obvious"

... or some bollox like that

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

Clear and obvious to me it wasnt a foul!!

Aye. Me too.

Telling that even the commentators couldn't believe that was chalked off as a foul.

Sadly, it's very easy to find fault if you repeatedly look at a slow motion replay over and over and over....

... unless it's a penalty shout against Spurs at their new home, that is.

54 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

That is a hell of a story. Sadly the opposite happened to me during the Arsenal game - took off with 10 minutes to go leading 2-1, landed 2 hours later having lost 3-2!

Absolute killer!!!

Â