• El Ghazi
    • Wesley
    • Trézéguet (Hourihane 63)
    • Luiz (El Ghazi 75)
    • Davis (Wesley 75)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/10/19 at 22:59

Seriously VAR is a **** fallacy, we scored 3 goals and and I celebrated once! 

Yes we won, but for ducks sake and the love of the game please sort this pile of shit out now once and for all 

• Like 3

Just now, AVTuco said:

It was awesome... I think the atmosphere  stayed quite positive and there were no longer dull spans. Even if we didn't play well until the sending off, there was many scoring opportunities for both teams... compared to my expectations I thought it was pretty much at par, taking into account the full house.

Stadium was beautiful, I love it when it's empty with the bench colours in all their glory, but I loved it even more when it was full.

cool, how far did you travel to get the villa park?

54 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Seriously VAR is a **** fallacy, we scored 3 goals and and I celebrated once! 

Yes we won, but for ducks sake and the love of the game please sort this pile of shit out now once and for all 

Yes, very deflating when we had already celebrated for the goal... then a couple minutes later when we scored for real, the celebration started but died straight away when people wanted to be sure it stands before letting their guards down... 

Brighton were incredibly comfortable on the ball and even with 10 men turned the old Paul Lambert 6 yard box goal kicks  into an attacking chance time and time again we just couldn't deal with it. not enough intent in the press.

However  that disallowed goal really fired us up this was the only part of the game we looked totally like we were on top. Even in the 2nd half when we had loads of ball in their half I thought any moment they could easily cut through us and move the ball up the pitch in 5 passes and create a chance.

El Gazi didn't get into the game he had a few flashes but was rightly subbed when he blazed that 2nd half chance over the bar.

2nd half Trez playing left wing and McGinn playing right wing? ridiculous. both turning the ball inside to their strongest foot for crossing.

Mings has moments where he appears to have disappeared up his own rectum. The brighton fans were giving him loads of verbals did he turn them down to come to VIlla or something?

Grealish majestic yet again. He will be the new zizu. Ruthless finish from target. Crucial 3 points.

1 point out of next two is the optimistic target.

Done by VAR again--this thing is ruining football---the noise that greeted Jack,s goal was a bit subdued until the kick off---you just get afraid to celebrate---!!

well we struggled again against 10---but thanks to Supa Jack we won this one---gee this lad is a class apart,

• Like 2

Brighton had some good spells and counters. Really like the way they play. Maupay would have definitely been worth it. 

The VAR callback was completely bullshit. I am a fan of VAR overall but it should not overturn 50/50 things. It's needs to be obvious. Regardless the call was wrong because not only did the goalie win the ball but Brighton played on and turned it over.

Grealish, McGinn, and Nakamba were great. Davis should start for me. May not be as talented as Wesley but he is a hard worker and wins possession more often.

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Have to say Potter seems a decent manager too.  Good to see two English managers who've done it the hard way doing well.

Great Barr and Solihull both have top flight managers.

• Like 1

Very poor organisation for their goal, their player was clearly unmarked as both teams were lining up in the edge if the box. Heaton should be spotting that and sorting it.

Disallowed goal was a joke, a great finish by Hourihane

2 minutes ago, andym said:

Very poor organisation for their goal, their player was clearly unmarked as both teams were lining up in the edge if the box. Heaton should be spotting that and sorting it.

Disallowed goal was a joke, a great finish by Hourihane

I had a tenner on villa to win and Hourihane to score anytime, so I'm seething at that decision

1. Dribbling it inside our own box is absolutely mental. We do that against Man City and it won't be pretty. SJM, Jack, El Ghazi etc need to provide outlets 40 yards out so defenders aren't just hoofing it to opposing midfielders.
  2. We are so poor defensively in general. Set pieces are muck. You could see them lining up for their goal before the free kick was taken. Tyrone Mings should hang his head for that one. We'd eat Neil Taylor alive if it was him.
  3. Why do we always drop off after 60 minutes? Is it fitness? Glad to see Deano making changes though.
  4. VAR has been a disgrace to us.
  5. Conor Hourihane would break your heart. Does nothing, then fires an absolute belter into the top corner. That should have stood, and he'd have (I think?) three goals in his last four games. I want to drop him, but you just can't on that form.
  6. Maupay is some player, nice to see him making the step up. He wouldn't look out of place for Spurs.
  7. Aaron Connolly should have buried us.
  8. If Jack Grealish doesn't get a cap for that performance, we'll take him back in Dublin.
  9. We played muck and got an injury time winner. That almost never happens.
  10. One point a game is roughly where the relegation places are. We're three points clear but can't expect anything from the next two games, so we may well be right back in the poo in a month. Crucially important that we took the three points here. Love to see it.
  • Like 1

On the ball we we’re pretty good again, off the ball and defensively we were a shambles today.

Brighton were bossing the game before going down to ten men, even after that they could have scored a bunch of times and found space every time they got the ball.

Just seemed a bit lax all round today. That said, can’t beat a last minute winner! UTV

Â