• El Ghazi
    • Wesley
    • Trézéguet (Hourihane 63)
    • Luiz (El Ghazi 75)
    • Davis (Wesley 75)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/10/19 at 22:59

Southgate was there again to witness that masterclass from Jack. What a performance. Levels above anyone on that pitch, captains performance. Defo be in next England squad on that evidence.

VAR should never have disallowed that goal and should have awarded a pen on the trip on McGinn. But shock we get neither.

El Ghazi was wasteful, thought he was really poor today. But we've come to expect him to be inconsistent. Trezeguet I thought was excellent when he came on. Finally we put the against 10 man hoodoo to bed, just!

Anyway, buzzin we got there in the end. Back to back wins. 11pts, 11th in the table, above Man Utd before their drubbing tomorrow; happy days.

UTV

• Like 1

Second best until the yellow and then we upped the tempo and deservedly equalised 

second half we struggled against 10 men for the third time this season , suggests Smith needs to do some work in this area .

lot of players with off days today but Grealish made the difference , Southgate will still ignore him though 

Something has to be done about this **** VAR though 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Enjoy that @AVTuco?

A win is a win. That’s all that matters. What a way to win too. Delighted with that. 

It was perfect. Full house, and two goals at the end of the halves. Even the disallowed goal turned into a positive since it added to the drama.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

**** hell, my stream was cutting in and out and came back just as Jack passed it to Targett.  Can't believe we actually won that, we were all over the shop against the 10 men but hopefully we've got that monkey off our back.

My stream cut out right up until just before Targett took the shot - I thought Keinan was going to tap in the winner... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

Weekly shoutout to VAR for being comically bad - how Hourihane's goal was ruled out I have no idea. Wesley puts a hand on the keeper's shoulder - surely that is not a clear and obvious mistake to not give that as a foul? This supposed 'high bar' for intervention seems to collapse to the floor against Villa. I think the end of season awards may need a 'Best Disallowed Goal' award to complement the usual goal of the season trophy

Brilliant idea!

• Like 1

McGinn had a poor game by his standards, but produced a sensational cross field ping to Grealish's feet, who then set up Targett. Targett also not great until the end. When you have quality players, even when they have a bad game, they are capable of producing match-winning moments of magic.

We've got a tough run of fixtures coming up, but we're scoring goals. This is almost without exception the biggest stumbling block for newly promoted clubs. UTV!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

I like Neil Taylor but I doubt he'd have managed to finish like that!

He wouldn't have even been in that position. 

I was walking down the stairs about to leave in a bit of a huff then we scored!! Nealy fell down the bloody stairs! Grealish was immense today but I think McGinn had a poor game by his standards. Some his passes were awful 

• Haha 1

VAR was shocking. Both our penalty appeals were more emphatic fouls than the one leading up to Hourihane's shot - how the hell was that a "clear and obvious error"?

Agree Montoya was also lucky to remain on the pitch. Mooy was a tad unfortunate but only had himself to blame petulantly kicking the ball away for his first yellow.

I really didn't think we were getting through with the 3 points today. Happy to be wrong.

When was the last time we won 2 in a row in the Premier League by the way?

Â