• El Ghazi
    • Wesley
    • Trézéguet (Hourihane 63)
    • Luiz (El Ghazi 75)
    • Davis (Wesley 75)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/10/19 at 22:59

14 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Forgive my lack of knowledge/confusion with var, but conors goal was disallowed because of an alleged foul by wes on the keeper in the build up.

For their goal, it came from a free kick after an alleged foul by connor. Was that not checked by var and if so how was free kick not overturned?

It’s not up to VAR (due to the chosen implementation) to check every foul, and once they have the free kick it’s a new phase of play so there was nothing for VAR to check for their goal. So even though the free kick leading to it may have been an incorrect decision, that itself is not deemed important enough to be scrutinised. Much like 2nd yellow cards resulting in reds can’t be checked because it’s “just” another yellow, despite the resulting red having a huge effect on the game. Total farce.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

After all the games where we should’ve got more than we did this season, and the points dropped here ant there because of VAR it poor reffing... I’m happy to take 3 points when perhaps we only deserved 1. 

Sides that get relegated lose those games, sides that have enough to stay up win ugly when they need to.

Spot On.

And that was a growing up game.....where we learned how to secure points in this league.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

It’s not up to VAR (due to the chosen implementation) to check every foul, and once they have the free kick it’s a new phase of play so there was nothing for VAR to check for their goal. So even though the free kick leading to it may have been an incorrect decision, that itself is not deemed important enough to be scrutinised. Much like 2nd yellow cards resulting in reds can’t be checked because it’s “just” another yellow, despite the resulting red having a huge effect on the game. Total farce.

I was still miffed at how we defended that free kick...or didn't defend it.

We have to be smarter when dealing with giant players.....there was also 2 of their players free at the far post, just in case Webster never scored......We have to pick up on players better than that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought we were poor today and until they went down to 10 men they were the much better team.

Even second half they looked like a threat and we created hardly anything.

But end of the day we never gave up and we got the 3 points which we probably didn’t deserve but we were due considering the luck we’ve had this season. 

Jack was unbelievable today. What a player.

I was particularly disappointed with the way Nakamba failed to pick up Davy Propper (24)  He was free in the middle on so many occasions.....we have to get tighter than that.

9 hours ago, villaglint said:

Not sure if this is the wrong thread so apologies Limpid if so! Does anyone have a link to the full 90min replay? I missed it yesterday as I was at a music festival but it sounds like a great game. 

they all are......now!!!

Edited by TRO

We have played better and lost this season. Brighton will be annoyed that they didn't get anything from the game, the sending off really cost them the win. We were poor until the red card. Grealish was excellent. Heaton kept us in the game for the first 30 minutes and Trez was lively when he came on. Everyone else was sub par but we still got the win. Our midfield offered very little cover for the defence - Brighton had acres of space to push forward for the first half an hour. Marvelous was poor I felt.

I thought we had lost the chance of winning it but well done for the team to keep going until the death.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

Enjoyed the game yesterday but felt we were lucky, I think we would have struggled to get a result if Brighton not had Mooy sent off. Great performance by Jack but felt we were lack lustre. Hopefully our style of play will work better against Citeh and Liverplop, fingers crossed..

1 hour ago, Strog said:

Enjoyed the game yesterday but felt we were lucky, I think we would have struggled to get a result if Brighton not had Mooy sent off. Great performance by Jack but felt we were lack lustre. Hopefully our style of play will work better against Citeh and Liverplop, fingers crossed..

In terms of energy and intensity, we still have to rely of John and Jack too much.

• Like 1

Agree the balance isn’t quite right and the reliance on Jack and John is too much. Next few games are pivotal so big performances are required from our best players..

On 19/10/2019 at 18:19, TRO said:

I thought Nakamba was worse than John......there was a few flat performances, today.....fortunately Jack played like he had a pin in his arse.( never stopped)

a proper " Jack in the Box"

Oops

Edited by TRO

On 20/10/2019 at 09:39, villaglint said:

Not sure if this is the wrong thread so apologies Limpid if so! Does anyone have a link to the full 90min replay? I missed it yesterday as I was at a music festival but it sounds like a great game. 

I'm sure there's a website called 'fullmatchreplay.com' or something like that. Give it a google

25 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I'm sure there's a website called 'fullmatchreplay.com' or something like that. Give it a google

Yeah I had to google this myself on Sunday evening and it took all of 7 seconds to find it myself. 

Thanks VT! 

Thanks for nothing that is........

Hahahahahaha

Releived we got the win, but my god were we poor until the red card.

Really think DS sent them out with the wrong shape and wrong game plan, and i am still very unconvinced by his subs game after game...

Think hourihane loses his place to luiz for the next 2 games, with mcginn also dropping deeper to keep us solid. 

Anything out of the next 2 is a bonus for me

Edited by flashingqwerty

On 20/10/2019 at 23:02, The Fun Factory said:

We have played better and lost this season. Brighton will be annoyed that they didn't get anything from the game, the sending off really cost them the win. We were poor until the red card. Grealish was excellent. Heaton kept us in the game for the first 30 minutes and Trez was lively when he came on. Everyone else was sub par but we still got the win. Our midfield offered very little cover for the defence - Brighton had acres of space to push forward for the first half an hour. Marvelous was poor I felt.

I thought we had lost the chance of winning it but well done for the team to keep going until the death.

Marvelous wasn't poor he was friggin isolated and left to hold the fort so often by our front 5! He did his best in a bad situation imo.

Â