• El Ghazi
    • Wesley
    • Trézéguet (Hourihane 63)
    • Luiz (El Ghazi 75)
    • Davis (Wesley 75)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/10/19 at 22:59

Grealish MOTM no question there. Bad day at the office for us really so a vital 3 points as we've played better and lost this season. Off the ball we weren't at the races today, didn't close down well at all and struggled to win the ball back, didn't anticipate what they were going to do well enough and didn't seem to know who shoudl come out of position to cover players in between the lines. 

If VAR didn't rob us and the Ref didn't bottle the second yellow for their player TWICE when they were already down to 10 men, if we made one of the many chances that went begging from poor decisions/finishing then that's a comfy 3-1 win. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Sorry to burst the bubble here, but just heard that VAR have ruled out our second goal. Oh well.

I’ll get my coat.   

You've got to give it 'til tomorrow.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Grealish MOTM no question there. Bad day at the office for us really so a vital 3 points as we've played better and lost this season. Off the ball we weren't at the races today, didn't close down well at all and struggled to win the ball back, didn't anticipate what they were going to do well enough and didn't seem to know who shoudl come out of position to cover players in between the lines. 

If VAR didn't rob us and the Ref didn't bottle the second yellow for their player TWICE when they were already down to 10 men, if we made one of the many chances that went begging from poor decisions/finishing then that's a comfy 3-1 win. 

Correct.

After all the games where we should’ve got more than we did this season, and the points dropped here ant there because of VAR it poor reffing... I’m happy to take 3 points when perhaps we only deserved 1. 

Sides that get relegated lose those games, sides that have enough to stay up win ugly when they need to.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Wonder how it would have gone if they had 11 on the pitch?

They had our number with 11 vs 11?

Doesn't really matter now does it?

As said above, we've been robbed more than once when the better team, it might just even itself out if we pinch another 9 or ten games ;)

I thought we were poor today and until they went down to 10 men they were the much better team.

Even second half they looked like a threat and we created hardly anything.

But end of the day we never gave up and we got the 3 points which we probably didn’t deserve but we were due considering the luck we’ve had this season. 

Jack was unbelievable today. What a player.

• Like 3

I thought that Brighton dominated for much of the game, especially when they had 11 men on the field. I also thought that Adam Webster was immense for them and the best player on the pitch, very unlucky to be on the losing side. We weren’t at our fluent best for much of the match and were probably lucky to win. Our big players paticularly down the spine of the team didn’t perform to their maximum today but we still won, I’m struggling to understand how but we did, I’m not going to complain. Trézéguet changed the game when he came on and showed that he should be starting for me. Grealish was another that had a very good game but there weren’t many more for us today sadly, hey ho we won and on to the next one :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

And relax....

Currently 11th; ahead of the dog-heads and 1 point behind Spurs, Burnley and West Ham. And we're getting better.

Massive to get this result and keep rolling, but this may be the most important aspect.

• Like 1

Â