Happy Bonfire Night or whatever

Ingram85

Talk about sparklers melting kids hands off and your neighbours setting fire to their gardens because the councils are skint and cant afford a proper bonfire or something. 

HonorableJovialHumpbackwhale-size_restri

Edited by Ingram85
  • Haha 2

Our local bonfire is at the cricket club, on the SIXTEENTH of November. 

I still think it should be on the fifth (regardless of what day of the week it falls on). 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Our local bonfire is at the cricket club, on the SIXTEENTH of November. 

I still think it should be on the fifth (regardless of what day of the week it falls on). 

Or at least the nearest weekend. The 16th is way too late. I went to one in bromsgrove last year that was decent, Sanders or Sandhurst park I think it was. My local one as a kid was Cofton Park but they havent done it for years now I think. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Or at least the nearest weekend. The 16th is way too late. I went to one in bromsgrove last year that was decent, Sanders or Sandhurst park I think it was. My local one as a kid was Cofton Park but they havent done it for years now I think. 

Pype Hayes used to have a massive one before useless Birmingham City Council decided to axe it to save money (£30k). 

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Fireworks shouldn’t be sold to the public...

This year,  Sainsbury have become the first major supermarket to not sell fireworks. The ‘news’ was on BBC radio today, without a statement from Sainsbury’s but with a reference to last year’s petition urging a public sale ban which apparently gained 300k signatures.

We always come together as a family to have a good bonfire night.  We all chip in for fireworks, have a BBQ and bonfire, and it is kinda the highlight of the year (bar Christmas, family wise).  We also invite neighbours over and let them know well in advance that we'll be letting off fireworks. That was until this year.  My parents shouldn't take in the smoke (moreso given that my Mum is recovering from lung cancer - in case you want to ask, she's doing brilliantly :)), people are feeling the pinch money-wise and Christmas is looming. I'm quite sad about it. 

• 3 weeks later...
Â