Happy Halloween for some reason

useless

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

We had about 6 pumpkins outside as well fake cobwebs, bunting etc. We had a constant stream of kids and we are now out of sweets, including the reserves. A successful halloween. 

Also hail satan. 

Our local fb group kicking off as a few teenagers seem to have absolutely cleaned out all the sweets on the estate. The strategy here is to put the sweets outside the door rather than knock and a few people have taken the piss (no not literally).

We put sweets in bags outside ours. First family with 4 little ones came along. Kids took a total of about 12/13 bags of sweets. Then mom wanders over and grabs 2 more 😡 (seen on the doorbell camera).

Just now, Genie said:

Our local fb group kicking off as a few teenagers seem to have absolutely cleaned out all the sweets on the estate. The strategy here is to put the sweets outside the door rather than knock and a few people have taken the piss (no not literally).

We put sweets in bags outside ours. First family with 4 little ones came along. Kids took a total of about 12/13 bags of sweets. Then mom wanders over and grabs 2 more 😡 (seen on the doorbell camera).

My grandson is a strict doorman. Visitors got one item unless they had an exceptional costume and then they got 2. When it got down to drumstick lollies thats when the tub went outside.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Typically I have about 5 or 6 trick or treaters come to the door. At most.

This year, I put a pumpkin outside. The first time I’ve done so, as my daughter wanted a go at carving one up. Couple of candles inside. Standard.

I’ve had about 30 trick or treaters at the door tonight. And it’s been chucking it down all evening, no let up in the rain. Had to break out some reserve sweets.

I knew a pumpkin would act as something of a beacon, so I did expect a few more. But I didn’t think it would be this much more, especially given the weather. 

My folks live around the corner from me (literally). They’ve not had anyone knocking on their door.

I'd be wondering who your original 5-6 were who didn't know their Halloween etiquette. 

Knock on doors with the beacon, never knock on a door that isn't showing they are joining in.

• Like 2

Every year we buy a load of sweets, every year zero kids turn up, every year we eat the sweets ourselves. 

Until this year. Next door's kids rock up with about ten of their mates. I'm glad, they're a lovely family. 

8 hours ago, Genie said:

Next year soak them in laxatives 

22 hours ago, Genie said:

Upload it to the local fb group and embarrass them.

• Like 1

On 31/10/2022 at 10:59, Rugeley Villa said:

I don’t tend to celebrate Halloween as it’s goes against what Jesus teaches his followers . It’s satanic in nature and no good will come of celebrating ghouls and devils .

From that Wicken depository of information:
"Halloween is thought to have influences from Christian beliefs and practices"

16 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Next year soak them in laxatives 

Yeah, the Christian spirit is alive and well.

And we had a 200 % increase in t or t ers this year from last year.    All of six in total.

Edited by fruitvilla
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

From that Wicken depository of information:
"Halloween is thought to have influences from Christian beliefs and practices"

Yeah, the Christian spirit is alive and well.

And we had a 200 % increase in t or t ers this year from last year.    All of six in total.

Don’t believe everything you read mate, I found that out many years ago 

40 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Does that mean it's  OK to take part in the fruitful works of darkness?

The only fruitful works of darkness is when the hand suddenly comes into contact with the breast or other fruits of the Eve 

Mrs Ts birthday is October 31st (and she is left-handed), she hates Halloween as she thinks it detracts from her day

now follows a true story

The first year we got together before she was Mrs T, I said to her daughter I have got your mom a Pandora bracelet as a surprise Pressie, 

She said that will be nice did you get a charm too, nothing to do with Halloween I hope. I had brought a witch on a broom stick, I has also told her son to get a charm too, I text him and said she likes the crown one. Bloody spell text. Mrs T ended with a Witch and a Clown   yep we both had to change them 

• Like 1

On 31/10/2022 at 17:59, Rugeley Villa said:

I don’t tend to celebrate Halloween as it’s goes against what Jesus teaches his followers . It’s satanic in nature and no good will come of celebrating ghouls and devils .

It is literally the day before All Saints Day (or All Hallows Day). A festival to remember the dead

Sure it (yet again) took elements of the already existing pagan festivals such as Samhain

Claiming it isn't Christian though is just plain wrong, even the name of the day is Christian (Catholic) in origin. 

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

It is literally the day before All Saints Day (or All Hallows Day). A festival to remember the dead

Sure it (yet again) took elements of the already existing pagan festivals such as Samhain

Claiming it isn't Christian though is just plain wrong, even the name of the day is Christian (Catholic) in origin. 

To be fair to our born again Ruge, though, it probably should be marked by going to church and praying, rather than watching slasher movies and gorging on chocolate. 

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

To be fair to our born again Ruge, though, it probably should be marked by going to church and praying, rather than watching slasher movies and gorging on chocolate. 

The latter is pretty much how I celebrate the two main obviously Christian festivals, so I don't see why this one should be any different. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

But the whole premise of the religion is based on their belief of a zombie

If Exodus 32 isn't a slasher movie in waiting....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

Multiple zombies. There's definitely a Tim Burton version of the Jesus / Lazarus necromancy story waiting to be made. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

Fair point. 

5 hours ago, bickster said:

It’s been hijacked by satanists hiding behind their mask. Jesus see’s through evil .

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It’s been hijacked by satanists hiding behind their mask. Jesus see’s through evil .

Ruge, mate, that's some serious nonsense

I hate to think where you got that idea from

Too much Black Sabbath?

Â