Happy Halloween for some reason

useless

• 11 months later...
8 minutes ago, useless said:

Went for a walk after dark, doesn't feel very halloweeny, no one has decorated the outside of their house this year, no jack-o'-lanterns, skeletons, bats, witches or anything like that.

tort01.gifblackcat.gif

I went for a short walk earlier with my little girl and we counted 31 houses with decorations.

The local area will have tables outside their house house with pre-bagged sweets and pumpkins. My kids are really looking forward to going out. 

32 minutes ago, useless said:

Went for a walk after dark, doesn't feel very halloweeny, no one has decorated the outside of their house this year, no jack-o'-lanterns, skeletons, bats, witches or anything like that.

tort01.gifblackcat.gif

Crikey, not round here. House after house festooned with fake cobwebs, pumpkins, skeletons, the works. 

Edited by mjmooney

12 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Having played some spooky themed tunes for my kid, I think that while The Addams Family theme is the more memorable, the theme to The Munsters would be the connoisseur’s choice.

Both shows were quite similar and both debuted on TV in the same week in 1964. Same week as Bewitched as well. Spooky must have been the 'in' thing at the time

• Like 1

On 31/10/2019 at 11:57, 8pints said:

@Designer1 what would be your underrated/hidden gem/s horror film/s to watch this Halloween?

The Swedish original of "Let the Right One In" is a good one. There are a few Spanish ones like The Orphanage (not a hidden gem perhaps) REC and a few other by Jaume Balaguero. 

I really like The Descent or if that fails go with the Carpenter classics or Event Horizon 

• Like 4

On 31/10/2019 at 18:55, Rugeley Villa said:

I find the whole thing a pain in the arse. I’ll be glad when it’s over along with bonfire night and those bloody fireworks.

Ah Shit.  I thought this was a new thread and got excited when I saw Ruge post.  Didn't realise its from last year 😦

15 minutes ago, sne said:

The Swedish original of "Let the Right One In" is a good one. There are a few Spanish ones like The Orphanage (not a hidden gem perhaps) REC and a few other by Jaume Balaguero. 

I really like The Descent or if that fails go with the Carpenter classics or Event Horizon 

@8pints would echo these recommendations and would chuck in Ginger Snaps as a suggestion. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

You, sir, are a man of consummate taste. I endorse both suggestions. Maybe add another Swedish horror classic, 'Midsommar' (albeit at the wrong time of year). 

• Thanks 1

Â