January Transfers 2019/20

sne

4 minutes ago, Rolta said:

He literally **** his knees up to continue playing for us, helping us pick up valuable points. Who knows what would have happened had he not done that. What's wrong with you?

Thankful for his service. He's welcome to move on. Do you want to give him 5 year extension?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Watch the first goal from Norwich in his last game. He's in central midfield position. Classic Hutton positioning

Watch his goal against blues. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again.And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again.And again. And again. And again........ And again.

Hutton might have been the most talented player for us but he had guts. He stuck by us in our worst run for over 30 years. He still stayed with us in the summer when we were facing financial meltdown. And chester has had his knees wrecked by our club and again another top professional who was class for two seasons.   Sorry i know its a transfer thread but thats my view anyways.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2

I think a lot of fans will be scarred by the sentimentality we have shown less deserving players in the past. (Read: having had the piss taken out us). Chester deserves some recompense for the fact he has shortened his career to help us.

Yes, he gets paid loads already, but who doesn't in the world of football. That isn't a reason he shouldn't be shown a little compassion, in whatever reasonable form that takes. 

Edited by MrBlack
Typo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Ooh, kiwi, I usually agree with you on how you see a lot of players/situations but I have some doubts about that. Successful organisations in ANY field are built on culture and that definitely includes a sentimental side. In football the world’s biggest clubs - Barcelona, United, Liverpool etc - all dine out on the sentimental side of things. Pragmatic and even ruthless decisions are vital but as a club you NEED sentimentality for long-term success.

I'm posting on the fly while working so maybe not fleshing out enough but it's more I don't understand why people are upset that a guy who wants regular football, has played 0 minutes and is not in future plans is moving on. Also 100% believe defensive injuries last season contributed to getting the right back 4 for run to promotion

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Thankful for his service. He's welcome to move on. Do you want to give him 5 year extension?

Nobody said that. He can leave for first team football, but 'being a pragmatist' doesn't mean you cant acknowledge what he did for us without coming across as if he bonked your girlfriend.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villaluke said:

ryan frazer only got 6 months left on his contract doubt we will sign him now but could be good player to get in the summer. 

He was off to Arsenal last season based on form. Now Bournemouth are dire. Cue him coming back to form against us

let’s not get too carried away he isn’t McGrath or Laursen. He was reasonably good for us in the championship not excellent. Grateful he made his choice for the good of the team and has to be lauded but not turned into something he wasn’t.  I have no doubt we want him to stay but we have respectfully left the decision to him and will waive any fee... Happy either way. Wish we could get Nathan Collins in exchange +. £££ 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

You realise you're a fan, right? Football without sentiment. Christ. Count me out.

It's not that at all. As someone recently posted I'm scarred from years of mismanagement. I think we're on the right track making good decisions across the board then I see polls with +70% in favour of getting Benteke along with all the Bring him home tweets. I want nothing to do with this regressive sentimentality

• Like 2

We must have a CB coming in to let Chester go on loan guessing its Vida but would love Axel Tuanzebe back but probably doubtful.As for a forward I’d love Rondon as he has been offered in England but probably not us.

Just now, midian said:

We must have a CB coming in to let Chester go on loan guessing its Vida but would love Axel Tuanzebe back but probably doubtful.As for a forward I’d love Rondon as he has been offered in England but probably not us.

Tuanzebe has 2 and half years left on his contract plus 1 year add on option. Vida links appear absolute Twitter bollocks. Rondon? Good grief no

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Tuanzebe has 2 and half years left on his contract plus 1 year add on option. Vida links appear absolute Twitter bollocks. Rondon? Good grief no

All opinions mate I like Rondon and so will others he scores goals,doubt it would happen anyway,could look in Chinese league they all want out of there

What are peoples predictions for tomorrow? 

If chester and jota go, we need 2 to replace and realistically we need another forward on top to get us bsck to what we had at the start of the summer!

Small part of me thinks we wont get anyone and roll out the well we tried really hard line

18 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

What are peoples predictions for tomorrow? 

If chester and jota go, we need 2 to replace and realistically we need another forward on top to get us bsck to what we had at the start of the summer!

Small part of me thinks we wont get anyone and roll out the well we tried really hard line

"We tried but ultimately we are happy with what we have"