January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 minute ago, Wezbid said:

Wasn't Chester playing quite seriously in pain/injured for a good while as we had nothing else at CB? Pretty harsh comments on a player who wasn't fully fit for a long time whilst still continuing to put his career on the line for the club. 

He was better than defensive liability Hutton. Chester injured made us get Mings and Elmo assist machine came in for Hutton and we did the 10 game streak. 

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Milan after some American LB from Wigan after they let Ricardo Rodriguez go out on loan to PSV.

Wonder if he's any good, could have considered him to back Targett up.

Antonee Robinson. He has very high football analytics  this season and one of the top performing left back's outside Premier League. Hence why MIlan been watching him based on analytics:-

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/data-analysis/using-data-identify-new-left-back-liverpool

The Wigan Athletic youngster has recently been linked to a move to Milan which suggests that the Italian giants are getting more comfortable with the use of data in their recruitment. 9.61 progressive passes per 90 minutes and 3.52 progressive runs are standout numbers in a side that is facing relegation in the Championship. As with some of the others, however, his creativity is less with 3.42 passes to the penalty area per 90 and an xA of 0.04 per 90. Defensively Robinson manages 8.14 defensive duels per 90 with a success rate of 64.61%

I've watched him before live also on TV a few times... he's got massive potential.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Milan after some American LB from Wigan after they let Ricardo Rodriguez go out on loan to PSV.

Wonder if he's any good, could have considered him to back Targett up.

He has a chance to be good, but I don't think he's near ready to this level. I'm of the opinion that he's probably better suited to CB in the long run than LB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Don't ever, EVER criticise Hutton. 

Take yourself aside and think what you've just done there. 

Watch the first goal from Norwich in his last game. He's in central midfield position. Classic Hutton positioning

I think we're being restricted by FFP. As a result I think any big moves like Bowen our approach will be a loan to buy offer, which is probably ruling out of the market for certain players as clubs look for up front cash.

I can see us ending up with somebody like Selke on one of these type arrangements.

Daniel Sturridge in for a medical.

Unfortunately, the BP cuff snapped his right humerus, he tore his left Achilles during the sharpened rhombergs, and while giving the details of his family medical history, he lost an eye.

Sadly, he wont be a Villa player.

• Haha 1

Just now, Five Ken McNaughts said:

What a lovely farewell message to a selfless Villa captain. You're all heart, mate. 

I'm a pragmatist. People want results and be sentimental at the same time. Successful clubs aren't sentimental 

Chester is past it, wasn’t amazing but great servant and we should do the honourable thing and let him decide what he wants to do ... stay and fight to warm the bench or find pastures new. No room for sentiment I’m afraid.

Back to transfers William Jose is being hawked all round the prem for £25mill loan to buy... As is half the Chinese league. It’s gunna be a disappointing last day me thinks in some respects. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm a pragmatist. People want results and be sentimental at the same time. Successful clubs aren't sentimental 

He literally **** his knees up to continue playing for us, helping us pick up valuable points. Who knows what would have happened had he not done that. What's wrong with you?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1