January Transfers 2019/20

sne

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

WTF happened there ? It's like one of those videos where a cucumber is placed behind a cat; cat turns around, sees it & flips !

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

With 4 full backs in the squad,  one of either Elmo or Targett could play on the right or left of the back three should we get desperate. Then there's always 4-3-3. I see little point in getting attached to a formation because it's served us well for a time, if we had signed N'Zonzi, or McGinn was fit, I'd take that extra midfielder over a CB and play a 4-3-3.

I see what you are saying however i dont think our defenders are good enough to play in a 2;  I also dont think any of our full backs would be able to play the position suitably either. So why not keep the numbers to enable us to keep 3 at the back should it be the better option?

If that quality of midfielder comes in then I could understand, however what if we dont bring one in?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If reports are true we’ve been tracking Bowen for a while. No way will we let him go to Palace without a fight. 

It seems a bit last minute though - they won't have learned any more about him the last week that they didn't already know. I reckon he's maybe Plan B or C and the Palace offer means they have to act or end up with nothing.

32 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

We have 5 center backs and 4 full backs, none of which are injured. What's the drama about here?

In the summer we could have said we have 3 strikers and 4 wingers. Yet how did that work out?

We play 3 cbs. We are fighting for survival. We shouldn't leave ourselves were injury or out of form players will leave us in trouble. 

• Like 1

Just now, El-Reacho said:

It seems a bit last minute though - they won't have learned any more about him the last week that they didn't already know. I reckon he's maybe Plan B or C and the Palace offer means they have to act or end up with nothing.

We probably would have preferred to go for him in the summer when he will be even cheaper but Palace have forced our hand. It’s a lot of money for a championship player but the potential is massive. Not a player we should be missing out on. 

• Like 1

Our name has been mentioned in speculative clickbait articles along with Newcastle, but I don't think we've once been seriously linked with Bowen in the media, that's not to say we wouldn't be interested in him, but I'm not sure why people are so convinced that we are, I can understand it with Benrahma because with him there were plenty of media links in the summer, and I think Smith might have even said him self that he admires him, whereas with Bowen we've got nothing to indicate that we're even interested.

Edited by useless

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We probably would have preferred to go for him in the summer when he will be even cheaper but Palace have forced our hand. It’s a lot of money for a championship player but the potential is massive. Not a player we should be missing out on. 

It's not a lot of money anymore. How much did we pay for Hogan. What did Leicester pay for Maddison?

16 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

WTF happened there ? It's like one of those videos where a cucumber is placed behind a cat; cat turns around, sees it & flips !

Bowen was genuinely elated someone won on Bullseye I think.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

20-1 to sign Bowen. It ain’t happening. 

If you stick a hundred quid on it then we will be favorites!

Edited by Nigel