January Transfers 2019/20

sne

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

And was moved on when they saw he didn't cut it. 

And lots of crap players get caps for Wales, very much like every other national side. 

Maybe you could get a game for Wales and we could all learn while you show us how it's done 😊

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Not this window I know, but if Norwich go down and we stay up - anyone take Cantwell?  

I think he'll develop into a really good player.

Not quite as jinky as Jack, but he has a smooth, gliding motion a bit like Maddison when he's in full flow. 

He'd cost a pretty penny though I'm sure. 

6 goals so far this year and only 21. 

Buendia(sp?) is the player to get from Norwich. Although I imagine a lot of top clubs will be after him too. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ozvillafan said:

He's got some talent, but he's very raw.

If you can, look at Spur's 2nd goal against Norwich last night and note the "effort" Cantwell put in tracking back.

Oh yea, no doubt.  He's got to go a long way to improve, but I think for a 21 year old to have his foundation - I think he could go on to be an England international.

Think what Jack was like 3 years ago!  He's improved immeasurably in terms of his drive and desire to do the dirty part of the game, I'd be confident Smith would ensure Cantwell would add that. 

You're probably talking about £20m+ though! 

Although, from what I see, he signed a contract in July 19, which takes him to 2022.  So in 6 months time he'll be into his final 18 months, so his value (should he not sign a deal between now and then), will fall. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Simon Church got 38 caps for Wales, and he was terrible. 

Neil Taylor is not a Premier League quality player just because he played a lot of games for Wales. We can use our eyes, and see that he isn't good enough, and we can remember that he was being deservedly kept out of the team in the Championship by Alan Hutton being played out of position. 

@Villan4Life mentioned a good young LB/LWB in the Dutch league a few weeks ago but can’t remember his name now, reckoned he was well worth a shout. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, floody555 said:

Has this turned into the bashing or not bashing of Neil Taylor thread or is anyone going to actually talk about transfers

Sorry, but I need to clap back on this. The reason Taylor is being talked about in this thread is because there were rumours Stoke were putting in a bid for him*. One poster replied that we shouldn't sell him because he's been solid and is a Wales international; others (including me) disagree that this is true (that he's been solid) or meaningful (that he's a Wales international). The point is it would be good business to sell him for any money we can get in this window. 

*I appreciate that others are now saying that he visited Stoke's training ground for something to do with training badges, and this may not be a link at all. 

We'd stand a much better chance of signing Bowen than we would Cantwell, Cantwell is already proving he can do it in this league and is being linked to Manchester United and Liverpool, would probably cost a lot more than £20m as well, Leicester paid that for Maddison when he hadn't even played at an higher level than the championship.

Edited by useless

Think I’d prefer us to loan another striker then go all out for Morelos in the summer if we stay up. Samatta, Morelos and Wesley would provide us interesting options and ensure all of them are fighting for a place in the team.

I would quite like us to spend some money on a quality winger this window but also wouldn’t mind us loaning one if the likes of Bowen and Benrahma aren’t available this window.

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Think I’d prefer us to loan another striker then go all out for Morelos in the summer if we stay up. Samatta, Morelos and Wesley would provide us interesting options and ensure all of them are fighting for a place in the team.

I would quite like us to spend some money on a quality winger this window but also wouldn’t mind us loaning one if the likes of Bowen and Benrahma aren’t available this window.

The problem with Morelos fighting for a place is that he probably would, actually, fight someone. (Although I reckon Wes would take him down with some favela street fighting style!)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Awol said:

@Villan4Life mentioned a good young LB/LWB in the Dutch league a few weeks ago but can’t remember his name now, reckoned he was well worth a shout. 

Hi mate.

Max Clark (Vitesse) the ex Hull City Left Back. 

Liverpool are now looking at him! :D

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Hi mate.

Max Clark (Vitesse) the ex Hull City Left Back. 

Liverpool are now looking at him! :D

Marvellous. Older than I expected though and surprised he left Hull on a free. Must have had some good coaching! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Marvellous. Older than I expected though and surprised he left Hull on a free. Must have had some good coaching! 

Clark signed for Eredivisie club Vitesse on 22 June 2018 on a three-year contract after rejecting a new contract with Hull. Hull received compensation from Vitesse, reported by the Hull Daily Mail as "in the region of £400,000" 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

The problem with Morelos fighting for a place is that he probably would, actually, fight someone. (Although I reckon Wes would take him down with some favela street fighting style!)

I can live with that!

His record for reds isn’t great, but I do think it is overblown a bit. Was talking to a Scottish mate who is an Aberdeen fan a while back and he was saying there have been quite a few incidents where Morelos has been very harshly carder for incidents that other players seem to constantly get away with. The papers love to point it out so it becomes a way bigger issue and a self perpetuating problem. He sounds a bit like Pogba is for the media down here.