January Transfers 2019/20

sne

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

You are battling against the binary existence of VT posters. He (insert any player) is shit or not shit. If EL James had been a VTer the book would have been called 0 Shades of Grey and nobody would ever have heard of it!

I disagree with that. I think we're reflective in most cases. And yes relatively speaking Taylor is shit. Not even close to being a PL quality player. And to be perfectly honest I wouldn't want him in the championship either 

21 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I disagree with that. I think we're reflective in most cases. And yes relatively speaking Taylor is shit. Not even close to being a PL quality player. And to be perfectly honest I wouldn't want him in the championship either 

And yet he has played for Wales, GB and has countless premier league matches under his belt!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

And yet he has played for Wales, GB and has countless premier league matches under his belt!

And was moved on when they saw he didn't cut it. 

And lots of crap players get caps for Wales, very much like every other national side. 

Simon Church got 38 caps for Wales, and he was terrible. 

Neil Taylor is not a Premier League quality player just because he played a lot of games for Wales. We can use our eyes, and see that he isn't good enough, and we can remember that he was being deservedly kept out of the team in the Championship by Alan Hutton being played out of position. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Comments form Dean Smith on Birmingham Live seem to point towards another two strikers coming in. 

I read this piece and got a little excited, too. Then I realised, as per BL 'articles', the quotes were taken out of context: they refer to a press conference prior to the news of Samatta breaking. I think it means Samatta plus another. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

And was moved on when they saw he didn't cut it. 

And lots of crap players get caps for Wales, very much like every other national side. 

Took them 43 games.  I think he has regressed as a player. I also think for his own career he could probably do with a fresh start where the fans accept him more. Maybe in the championship. 

When does his contract end?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I read this piece and got a little excited, too. Then I realised, as per BL 'articles', the quotes were taken out of context: they refer to a press conference prior to the news of Samatta breaking. I think it means Samatta plus another. 

I only scan read it, but you’re right, that’s typical of BL’s BS. 

One more would still be very welcome though, in fact pretty much a necessity. 

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

I only scan read it, but you’re right, that’s typical of BL’s BS. 

One more would still be very welcome though, in fact pretty much a necessity. 

Same for me. A Bowen-like figure might scratch both itches for me -- as he can play centrally or out wide. Bowen and another cheapish central option would really float my boat and is the best we can ask for tbh...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

It really is a horror show of a news outlet.  Even Trump would be correct to accuse them of fake news.

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Good. We only need 1 more. We won't play with 2 very often anyway. Another winger or AM would be nice mind.

• Like 1

Not this window I know, but if Norwich go down and we stay up - anyone take Cantwell?  

I think he'll develop into a really good player.

Not quite as jinky as Jack, but he has a smooth, gliding motion a bit like Maddison when he's in full flow. 

He'd cost a pretty penny though I'm sure. 

6 goals so far this year and only 21. 

• Like 4

Just now, lapal_fan said:

Not this window I know, but if Norwich go down and we stay up - anyone take Cantwell?  

I think he'll develop into a really good player.

Not quite as jinky as Jack, but he has a smooth, gliding motion a bit like Maddison when he's in full flow. 

He'd cost a pretty penny though I'm sure. 

6 goals so far this year and only 21. 

He's got some talent, but he's very raw.

If you can, look at Spur's 2nd goal against Norwich last night and note the "effort" Cantwell put in tracking back.