January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Norwich look dead and buried by the end of Jan.. I would love us to go and test the water with a bid for Todd Cantwell, if Jack gets injured again (God forbid), he would be a decent replacement and a good investment towards the future if Jack did end up leaving us (God forbid) sometime in the future. I think Norwich would struggle to turn down £25mil.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, handsworthlion said:

Norwich look dead and buried by the end of Jan.. I would love us to go and test the water with a bid for Todd Cantwell, if Jack gets injured again (God forbid), he would be a decent replacement and a good investment towards the future if Jack did end up leaving us (God forbid) sometime in the future. I think Norwich would struggle to turn down £25mil.

Doubt they would sell to a relegation rival, promising player thou.

Spurs are apparently looking at Ben Godfrey from Norwich so that might be another way for them to get money in.

If we are to be frugal with our funds in January maybe a cheap punt would be Andraz Sporar from Slovan Bratislava.

Can't say I've seen him much but he scores for fun and won't be very expensive. Not been prolific for Slovenia in the qualifiers but they didn't have the best of times

1 hour ago, handsworthlion said:

They will struggle to hold on to him and Aaron’s if they go down. They seem to have a very good academy. 

Been trying to ponder who we're likely to be in for in Jan with a mate of mine. We're both confident that a striker will be on the radar, with a winger the only other possible incoming unless we sell someone unexpectedly.

The criteria for the striker, I can't help but think, with it being Jan, would have to meet the spec of:-

• Familiar with our system already (no time for 3 months of adaptation)
  • Familiar with the league to a degree
  • Not too expensive...can't see us shelling our £10m+ for someone unless planned well in advance
  • At a club we won't be 'competing' with - which rules out >60% of the league!
  • An improvement on Wesley in the air (attacking the ball)

Struggling to see options given then most clubs these days don't carry too many strikers on their books. Especially the top clubs. It's the average clubs that tend to, but we're competing with them so they're unlikely to help us out.

Sources are only likely IMO to be:-

• Fringe player at top club, desperate for PL games to force way into EUROs squad
  • Top Loan Player at Championship Club desperate for PL experience ahead of move/callup (Think what Wolves tried to do to us with Tammy)

Looking at squads, the former is just about the most likely option IMO, and even then this year options are thin on the ground. Gonna be a tough one...

All I can think of are - Brewster (Liverpool), Giroud [Dream], Sessegnon [Dream], Nelson (Arsenal).

Edited by Djemba_Villan

IMO, given the amount of times the ball bobbles around the opposition box with the way we tend to play the ball int he box worked in from wide, Dwight Gayle would be well suited. He also isn't getting game time at Newcastle - and probably won't under Bruce.

However, Newcastle hate us, Gayle isn't used to being the main striker in a system like ours and no way will they sell to a direct survival rival. On the Boggies theme, Rondon would have been a shout but he's raking it in in China instead.

Inside Forward (left foot) and who forward capacity of these Header and Long Shot Finisher, Intelligent movement, Pace. (URGENT!)

go find now and bid, get contract and Debut match and starter XI on 1st of day of Transfer window open. 

this what we need ASAP these finish sort and we might need go find Creative Centre midfield - i would consider Bring O'hare and play him Grealish style role in Centre Midfield if Grealish stay as LAM. - if we got fund for this as 2 position need load money to spent money.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84

12 hours ago, screwdriver said:

I predict they will flap it sooner or later.

Wilder seems like a Tony Pulis style character with a bit of peter reid thrown in. After the one game he said "We'll get a few beers inside us and look to the next game"

Lose Norwood and lets see how they cope. Jagelka isn't going to play every game at his age.

Jags has started one game all season I think. Of course Sheffield United will fall away second half of the year (they might actually lose an away game) but they will do so from incredible position of strength, think they'll have 30 points by start of January so no chance they'll be in relegation battle.

I do actually agree with your general point. If over the next 5 years we want to be as good in this league as we all want to be eventually we'll have to start buying really good players off teams of a similar standard to us.

Not sure it will happen in January but we need to do it eventually as Man. City did to us all those years ago.

• Like 1

Got to be Gaitan surely. Who else offers proven quality on a free? Could be up there with Moutinho/Neves influence for Wolves, and we need reliable quality out-wide right now.

As for a striker I wouldn't have a clue who would be a viable candidate, it'll be interesting to see who we go in for regarding this option, because it could be defining for Smith.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Got to be Gaitan surely. Who else offers proven quality on a free? Could be up there with Moutinho/Neves influence for Wolves, and we need reliable quality out-wide right now.

As for a striker I wouldn't have a clue who would be a viable candidate, it'll be interesting to see who we go in for regarding this option, because it could be defining for Smith.

Yeah, Gaitan could be a great move considering he wouldn't impinge on FFP being a free. I think the board should look to get him and use all available money on a striker and one that would really deliver - someone like Moussa Dembele.

Italian papers claiming Haaland has a clause in his contract meaning he can leave for £20m in January. (likely bs but still)

Obviously we have no chance at signing him but still.

Just throw a huge pile of cash at him and see if he always wanted to follow in the footsteps of Big John Carew :D 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Yeah, Gaitan could be a great move considering he wouldn't impinge on FFP being a free. I think the board should look to get him and use all available money on a striker and one that would really deliver - someone like Moussa Dembele.

He's rejoining Boca. 

On 04/12/2019 at 11:17, handsworthlion said:

I have been so impressed by Cantwell this season, he really believes in his own ability. He’s a very smart player and definitely I see him getting England caps in the future. He reminds me of how Lee Hendrie played when he first broke through with us. I’d love us to sign Cantwell but they won’t let him go until the end of the season and I believe he supports Norwich too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Boca vice president has confirmed it. Not a miss anyway

Ah well, that's a quality and affordable option we can count out then. Not the end of the world.

I just don't see us splashing 20million on Benrahma, or the even more expensive options like your Buendia's.

Gaitan is more proven then both, and reasonably aged still. I'm very curious to see who we add, because it's not as if we won't benefit from additions up front or wide.

We very much will, it's just curious as to what we can do at this stage in the scheme of things and who is available as well as wanting the move.