January Transfers 2019/20

sne

28 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Just to counter your well made points, there's no reason why they wouldn't loan him to us in principle, however there are likely more preferable destinations where Madrid are concerned. I'm sure they'd like to see more of him in La Liga to aid his development and integration there, ideally they'd like to see him in a system/style similar to their own to get a better handle on his capabilities, and they'd like him to be playing at as high a level as possible. 

Now we can certainly offer first team football, but I'm not sure all the stars are likely to align on this one.

I'd love to be wrong though!

I'll reciprocate :)

Madrid, last I checked, which was today, are still playing a 4-3-3, as we have employed for the most part, and to great success last season.

The La Liga comment is an interesting take on it, but my counter is that La Liga is on lock-down, that title belongs to one of 2, or perhaps 3 teams if you're lucky.

We could offer a much more challenging platform for his development, which if he was to rise up to, would more than likely result in his ceiling being raised higher.

English teams represented 25% of last seasons knockout phase in the CL, and two English teams made up the final, and that's the competition Madrid want him rising to.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I think Hull would be crazy to accept that Leeds offer when they can extend his contract and accept a bid in the summer if they need to. They're only 3 points off the playoffs

I've read that their asking price is £20m, so maybe they're thinking that £18m off Leeds between now and June is about as good as they could expect to receive in the summer anyway.

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

I've read that their asking price is £20m, so maybe they're thinking that £18m off Leeds between now and June is about as good as they could expect to receive in the summer anyway.

So no reason to accept it, then? 

4 minutes ago, mole86 said:

Please please start using paragraphs

Really?

I talk so much sh*t I thought I was doing you the slightest courtesy of breaking down my essay long posts into lines.

Learn something everyday.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You must be able to watch all the Jupiler league games on terrestrial TV in Spain. Only reason I can think our scouts are over there.

The sarcasm is strong in this one.

But Jupiter and terrestrial TV commentary, understand, I do not.

9 minutes ago, lexicon said:

So no reason to accept it, then? 

Or accept it, as there's no guarantee that they'll get the asking price in the summer, on the basis that clubs then might start using the 'one year left' line.

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Or accept it, as there's no guarantee that they'll get the asking price in the summer, on the basis that clubs then might start using the 'one year left' line.

I think they'd be mad to take that £3m offer. Just can't see it being accurate. They're in a good place in the table, I'd expect them to hang onto him with all they've got unless they got a mega offer.

2 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I'll reciprocate :)

Madrid, last I checked, which was today, are still playing a 4-3-3, as we have employed for the most part, and to great success last season.

The La Liga comment is an interesting take on it, but my counter is that La Liga is on lock-down, that title belongs to one of 2, or perhaps 3 teams if you're lucky.

We could offer a much more challenging platform for his development, which if he was to rise up to, would more than likely result in his ceiling being raised higher.

English teams represented 25% of last seasons knockout phase in the CL, and two English teams made up the final, and that's the competition Madrid want him rising to.

I would imagine the Real Madrid version of 4-3-3 may work somewhat differently to our version, but I haven't seen them play this year to know that for sure.

Although I take your point on La Liga being a lower level, I was more thinking of his integration to the league and culture, they spent big money on him and it would be in their interests that he learns to play in the league they have bought him to play in. 6 months in the Premier League would not be without value, but 6 months playing in La Liga, learning how to be effective in that league, continuing to learn the language/culture and use it in real life situations will be very valuable to them.

I agree the Premier League overall is of better quality than La Liga, however there are still plenty of decent teams playing there, I was thinking teams like Valencia, Bilbao, Villarreal, Sociedad, that kind of level, where he can continue to progress playing with quality players. Also, he could potentially cause trouble to their immediate rivals in games against them. There is value in him playing in a relegation scrap, but how are often will Madrid find themselves in that situation? 

• Like 2

Leeds are already going to owe Wolves £15m for Costa, as they have an obligation to buy him at the end of his loan, they aren't going to sign Bowen on a similar deal, that would be £30m plus that they'd have to spend in the summer with no guarantee of them even being a premier league side, they've won once in the last eight and let a thirteen point gap between themselves and third place slip.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

A Championship club, if he had a good attitude he’s be playing in The Prem

He could have the best attitude in the world, he’d still never cut it in the Premier League. 

Whilst attitude is important, it’s no substitute for ability. Lansbury is a middle of the road championship player at best.