January Transfers 2019/20

sne

12 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

He's absolutely a PL quality player but he doesn't accept or turn down offers the Fulham board do, and they would be mad to accept any bid in January when they are on track to return to the PL. Could be different in the summer if they don't come up though.

If we offer enough money in the transfer fee and wages, he’ll come here

20 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Can you think of a better alternative?

Morelos would go for cheaper than whatever Mitrovic costs I feel.

But tbh, I'm starting to think we don't need to dip into the market for a forward this Jan. We're scoring goals after all and I feel we're our squad is good enough right now to avoid the drop. Funny how everyone seems to think we need a striker and a winger when we've been scoring so many goals yet there's scant mention of going for a defender when we've been conceding so many.

Rather we do our research amd go for a hidden gem out there next summer instead of being forced to pay big money for reinforcements we don't really need.

To be clear, I still don't think Wesley is good enough right now. I just think our forward line and our midfield contribute enough goals in spite of him that a new striker may not be our priority.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

6 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

But tbh, I'm starting to think we don't need to dip into the market for a forward this Jan. We're scoring goals after all and I feel we're our squad is good enough right now to avoid the drop. Funny how everyone seems to think we need a striker and a winger when we've been scoring so many goals yet there's scant mention of going for a defender when we've been conceding so many.

Rather we do our research amd go for a hidden gem out there next summer instead of being forced to pay big money for reinforcements we don't really need.

To be clear, I still don't think Wesley is good enough right now. I just think our forward line and our midfield contribute enough goals in spite of him that a new striker may not be our priority.

I wouldn’t write Wesley off, far from it, he just needs time to adapt. Our need for a striker is apparent, it should’ve been sorted in the Summer, maybe the funds weren’t there then, I don’f know. I wouldn’t write Davis off either, I’m surprised that he hasn’t played more than he has. The teams with the best strikers are near the top of the league, strikers win you matches, some do by themselves like Aubameyang or Kane. One day, we’ll have a striker as good as them

7 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Just give him time, he’ll come good, I see a lot of potential in him. Some of little things he does like when he drops deep, swivels, looks up and plays an accurate 40 yard cross field pass. He has a bit of a swagger I think, he just needs a goal and quick

Example please. 

35 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Example please. 

I’m no defender of Wes but I remember at least one cross field pass! 

First half against United. Wes dropped deep, maybe 30 yards from goal, turned to the right and sent a looping cross field pass to Trez (I think) who was near the touch line.  

Back to the striker issue in Jan. Mitrovic is too expensive, Morelos would cost a fair bit too and I hear he has some attitude issues (?). I think much of our activity will hinge on Kodj. If we can sort a deal for him, free up some wages, we’ll bring in back up. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I’m no defender of Wes but I remember at least one cross field pass! 

First half against United. Wes dropped deep, maybe 30 yards from goal, turned to the right and sent a looping cross field pass to Trez (I think) who was near the touch line.  

Yes I remember it to. I also remember it was overhit poor pass and Trez had no chance to get on to it in time. 

6 hours ago, Enda said:

Read from an ITK named Julie that we’ve lodged a cheeky bid in for Benny McCarthy.

Here’s hoping Zlatan is in her basement!    

In reality, it’s probably only Dale Stephens still.

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Example please. 

Nah it's true, I actually posted the other day that I noticed he made a brilliant crossfield pass from midfield a couple of games ago and I was wondering wtf he was doing all the way back there.

It is crucial Villa make a 30m marquee signing of a striker.

If for no other reason than to sap the will of watford, southampton, norwich and sheffield utd (they will fall away when injuries and suspensions hit their miniscule squad or they get sick of wilder barking at them).

the disenchantment will hit them hard psychologically. Fans vlogs will be littered  with cliches such as "how can we compete when Villa are spunking that kind of skrilla?"

Like when ManCity started pumping their black gold and people like Lerner simply hoisted the white flag.

A show of intent is sometimes more important than the outcome of the intent.

Even better if we could take someones star player.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

It is crucial Villa make a 30m marquee signing of a striker.

If for no other reason than to sap the will of watford, southampton, norwich and sheffield utd (they will fall away when injuries and suspensions hit their miniscule squad or they get sick of wilder barking at them).

the disenchantment will hit them hard psychologically. Fans vlogs will be littered  with cliches such as "how can we compete when Villa are spunking that kind of skrilla?"

Like when ManCity started pumping their black gold and people like Lerner simply hoisted the white flag.

A show of intent is sometimes more important than the outcome of the intent.

Even better if we could take someones star player.

Without commenting on anything else, I can't see Sheffield United being sapped of any will.

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nah it's true, I actually posted the other day that I noticed he made a brilliant crossfield pass from midfield a couple of games ago and I was wondering wtf he was doing all the way back there.

I saw the one you refer to and he missed the pass completely. So like I say, if it's in the highlights some where, I'd love a link. 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I can't see Sheffield United being sapped of any will.

I predict they will flap it sooner or later.

Wilder seems like a Tony Pulis style character with a bit of peter reid thrown in. After the one game he said "We'll get a few beers inside us and look to the next game"

Lose Norwood and lets see how they cope. Jagelka isn't going to play every game at his age.

9 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

It is quite simple really. Goals keep you up. You can still finish top 6 with a crap defence look at Liverpool before last year, arsenal and Chelsea. You only need to be a good defensive team to win the league every other competition it is just about outscoring the other team. We are currently doing that but what happens if el ghazi, jack or McGinn have to miss extended time. We need another player who can create for themselves like bowen.

I also think we need another midfielder to help the ball stick in the middle as well. But I think that may have to wait until summer.