January Transfers 2019/20

sne

13 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I saw a video on YouTube where Paul Merson says that a team only plays 3 at the back because the defenders aren’t good enough. I’m interested to know others thoughts on this

Hmm Chelsea won the league 3-4-3 . I think a system has to get the best out of the players you have. If you have really good full backs, play with four. If you don’t, use wing back/ wide midfield option. I think it is more complicated than Merson makes it.

Edited by Danishlad

2 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Already spending  his signing-on bonus, I see. He also seems to be admiring a well-laid floor there. 

Why is he wearing a handbag?

• Haha 1

Sometimes, when you go to the zoo, you go to the primate house and look at the little macaque monkeys. Sometimes, if you look close enough at one, you’ll see an expression that seems so human that it’s uncanny. Such a profound expression of satisfaction - probably based on some interesting stick - on such a simple creature. 

That’s how I feel looking at Louie Barry’s face on that insta post. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Already spending  his signing-on bonus, I see. He also seems to be admiring a well-laid floor there. 

At least he can buy some new trousers now - poor thing is running around in tattered rags... 

what were Barca paying him, if at all?

:trollface:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

Anyone who expected 6-7 players because ''we need them'' needs to ease off on the Football Manager.

It's January. We are not rebuilding, we are painting over some stains. 

Which is what loans are for, dont see anyone saying we need to purchase 5 or 6 players ?