January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Above all, I think it's important to be flexible. It's fine to have as a general principle that we don't want loans unless we have an option to buy, but it would be stupid to go down because we had stuck to that policy to the letter and failed to loan a player who could have saved us when that was all we could afford. 

I really think we only need a striker anyway. Maybe a wide midfielder, depending on general fitness, but even that is less of a priority. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I think the Wallace rumour is complete bull to be honest, wouldn't improve us at all. The only signings from the Championship who would push for a first team place would be Benrahma, Bowen, Mitrovic or Phillips, and their clubs would all ask for ridiculous money I'd imagine. 

I'd add Eberechi Eze to that group!

• Thanks 2

We won't pay the money it would require for Mitrovic in January, and I doubt he'd leave Fulham for us in January anyway, as from his point of view us and Fulham could be swapping divisions in a few months. Best chance of getting him would be in the summer if they fail to get promotion, I'm not sure if he's a Dean Smith type of striker, I don't think he's mobile enough, and Wesley is on course to score just as many goals as he did in the premier league last season, not sure if he'd be the big improvement that many think.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, useless said:

Here are some comments from the Vital Millwall forum on Wallace...

' £10million would be hard to turn down. He isn't Premier League quality IMO, his final ball and decision making is terrible at times, but he's still our best player. '

' Not premier league quality.gives the ball away a lot , brain sometimes not in tune with his legs. Good for us though '

' Apart from dead ball situations, I feel that he misses too many chances. I'd take the money if the gossip is right about 10m. '

'Did we not reject 3m from Rangers previously? Yer when he had scored like 6 goals and got around 5 assists,this season he has done fuckall,we wont see that sort of price tag again'

' Not Premiership quality. I'll snap up £10m for him and sign a wide right player who can consistently get a cross/centre past the 1st defender and pickup overlapping wide left side players. '

His goals and assists record doesn't look great either apart from this past month or so and one season a few years back. I personally have never seen  him play but if all that's anything to go by I think we need to sign better if we team capable of progressing in the Premier league.

He's a grafter. 

What if we simply want a winger to help us see out games rather than bringing Elmo on? Is that worth £10m to a mega rich Premier League club?

I think so. 

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

👀

FB_IMG_1575375843857.jpg

I would be devastated if we signed or tried to sign Balotelli, personally I think he's a complete tool, exactly the opposite of the type of mentality we want.

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Could we try and go for Sessegnon in Spurs maybe?

He doesn't play at all.

This is Daniel Levy's Spurs. Even if we wanted him, the price would be Grealish plus £50m.

39 minutes ago, Chindie said:

This is Daniel Levy's Spurs. Even if we wanted him, the price would be Grealish plus £50m.

And didn’t Jose try to sign him a bunch of times before so he’s more likely to get a look now based on that.

edit: re Sessegnon

Edited by nick76

Lamela may be one to get, don't know if he's injured yet again but he hasn't even been making the bench recently.

That said he had a really good season at Roma and has always flattered to deceive at Spurs. His style though can be fitted into a front 3.

Aswell as a new striker I do also think in this window it's also important we sign a player who could step up for us when Jack is out injured otherwise it will become a struggle to win games again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Lamela may be one to get, don't know if he's injured yet again but he hasn't even been making the bench recently.

That said he had a really good season at Roma and has always flattered to deceive at Spurs. His style though can be fitted into a front 3.

Aswell as a new striker I do also think in this window it's also important we sign a player who could step up for us when Jack is out injured otherwise it will become a struggle to win games again.

Good suggestion in Lamela, I’d take him definitely, wages could be a problem though 

7 hours ago, useless said:

We won't pay the money it would require for Mitrovic in January, and I doubt he'd leave Fulham for us in January anyway, as from his point of view us and Fulham could be swapping divisions in a few months. Best chance of getting him would be in the summer if they fail to get promotion, I'm not sure if he's a Dean Smith type of striker, I don't think he's mobile enough, and Wesley is on course to score just as many goals as he did in the premier league last season, not sure if he'd be the big improvement that many think.

Have you seen Wesley play? 😂

59 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Have you seen Wesley play? 😂

Just give him time, he’ll come good, I see a lot of potential in him. Some of little things he does like when he drops deep, swivels, looks up and plays an accurate 40 yard cross field pass. He has a bit of a swagger I think, he just needs a goal and quick

20 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I think we need to put the Mitrovic thing to bed, Scott Parker has got Fulham organised, playing good football and heading back to PL, he won't be leaving them in January.

I think Mitrovic is easily a Premier Leagur qualify player, he’s far too good for The Championship. If we put an offer on the table for him, I think he would find it hard to turn down

29 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think Mitrovic is easily a Premier Leagur qualify player, he’s far too good for The Championship. If we put an offer on the table for him, I think he would find it hard to turn down

He's absolutely a PL quality player but he doesn't accept or turn down offers the Fulham board do, and they would be mad to accept any bid in January when they are on track to return to the PL. Could be different in the summer if they don't come up though.