Jump to content

January Transfers 2019/20


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Anyone watch french football a lot? Looking at Monaco lineups he has featured quite a lot until today so strange he not in the squad.  
 

He also mainly seems to play in a front two alongside a player named Ben Yedder that I remember had a lot of fans on here. 

He's had a fantastic partnership with Ben Yedder this season. Monaco would be in relegation trouble (like they were last season) if not for them, as their defence is a shambles. He has been scoring and creating for fun. As sne mentioned, Jardim tried to improve them defensively by going 1 up front (Ben Yedder). He got the boot recently and Moreno seems to favour Keita Balde up top with Ben Yedder.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TRO said:

I understand AC are playing him tonight, so might be having second thoughts of him leaving.

The other way round according to Italian papers.

They are playing him to put him in the spotlight for the clubs looking to buy him.

He's very much on his way out, but Milan want to sell and not loan.

Scored 1 and assisted 1 so job done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
Just now, sne said:

The other way round according to Italian papers.

They are playing him to put him in the spotlight for the clubs looking to buy him.

He's very much on his way out, but Milan want to sell and not loan.

Scored 1 and assisted 1 so job done.

ok

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love Nzonzi. Remember watching him in a dour 0-0 between Burnley and Stoke a few years back and he ran the show. But for Miram Diouf missing about 10 sitters they would have won easily on the back of his performance.  I know it's a while since he last played in the PL but I think he'd still be a very capable player.

His size and style of play would IMO transform us in the middle of the park.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
Just now, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Would love Nzonzi. Remember watching him in a dour 0-0 between Burnley and Stoke a few years back and he ran the show. But for Miram Diouf missing about 10 sitters they would have won easily on the back of his performance.  I know it's a while since he last played in the PL but I think he'd still be a very capable player.

His size and style of play would IMO transform us in the middle of the park.

I agree

bit like carlton Palmer.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
8 minutes ago, nokesy said:

This is my thinking of what happened with Benteke at liverpool and seems like he's yet to recover from it. Think there's still a player in there 

I agree to an extent with Benteke. It's pretty clear the nightmare at Liverpool knocked him, save after a good season with Palace the wheels fell off there too.

But I think there's more to it than just confidence. He's been knocked by injuries. The Achilles was the biggie, and although he came back from that, he wasn't the same player. Since then he's had a few injuries that have made him miss months at a time. I think as a big bloke those injuries are more significant, and together with the mindset being bashed, I think he's pretty much done. I could see him have a minor resurgence here but if we're relying on him to save our season, we're putting the house on black and crossing our fingers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Slimani's injured, I've just been on the Monaco forum and they're talking about it on there, has a muscle strain, he's missed a few games earlier in the season with muscle injuries as well so I think it must be a recurring injury.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, useless said:

Slimani's injured, I've just been on the Monaco forum and they're talking about it on there, has a muscle strain, he's missed a few games earlier in the season with muscle injuries as well so I think it must be a recurring injury.

Thats a nailed on signing for us then !!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Visiting Supporter
25 minutes ago, useless said:

Slimani's injured, has a muscle strain.

It has been ongoing for Slimani the last few years, I would be careful signing him due to injury problems. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

not long to go until the club can use the old " it was always going to be difficult to make signings with us being 6 points from safety with only 12 games remaining" excuse

Is it an excuse though? We are the most active team in the market so far along with Norwich and Watford

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â