Jump to content
Adblockers - please click ×
sne

January Transfers 2019/20

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, useless said:

Dean Smith said that we're waiting until the end of the window as that's when prices come down...wait a minute...  'prices come down'... that means we're buying a striker, not loaning one... unless we're buying one and loaning one in as well.

Let's hope we are loaning one as well, only because the next 3 games are crucial and having no striker for any of them is suicide, even if it does save us a few million in the short term.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’d need to sign someone tomorrow for them to play Saturday right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doubt we’ll have someone in before Brighton. We need to set up like we did against Leicester again. Same players too unless Targets back. I don’t think he is though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lads chill out. There isn't anyone coming in before Saturday. Don't build your hopes up, it's the hope that kills you 😂🙈

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, villa82 said:

Monaco vs PSG tonight, Slimani not in the Monaco squad🤔

Interesting, maybe we really are in for him. 

It's strange the one run of form he hit in a few years and he wants out! 

Still their loss our gain if it works out. 

Be great to have him (or any other decent striker) in for Brighton 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chips'ngravy said:

I don't recall him being a regular starter either. Wasn't he playing second fiddle to Vardy most of the time?

Iirc he struggled to make much impact initially and then went to the African Cup of Nations and came back shot, then fell out of favour and has been on a seemingly rotating loan ever since. It's only this season with Monaco he's got scoring again. It's possible he can't hack the Prem, or perhaps the time in Leicester knocked his confidence and he never got back to confidence, and now he's back to scoring might be up for it again.

Dunno with this one. I would tend to lean more towards he's just not cut out for this league. Risky if we're banking on his form carrying over from the French league and the Med.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Dean Smith said that we're waiting until the end of the window as that's when prices come down...wait a minute...  'prices come down'... that means we're buying a striker, not loaning one... unless we're buying one and loaning one in as well.

Considering the fact that only getting one striker in in january means that we are in the same position if he gets injured

It leads me to believe that we will buy a striker at the squeaky bum end of the window and get a loan striker as well....at least i hope we do,or its back to wet tuesday nights in rotheram

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

We’d need to sign someone tomorrow for them to play Saturday right?

I think the transfer has to be registered by midday Friday. Safe to say if we don’t hear anything tomorrow it’s very unlikely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just done some research and the source of the Slimani rumour, Le10Sport, are well known for being very unreliable with their transfer stories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Iirc he struggled to make much impact initially and then went to the African Cup of Nations and came back shot, then fell out of favour and has been on a seemingly rotating loan ever since. It's only this season with Monaco he's got scoring again. It's possible he can't hack the Prem, or perhaps the time in Leicester knocked his confidence and he never got back to confidence, and now he's back to scoring might be up for it again.

Dunno with this one. I would tend to lean more towards he's just not cut out for this league. Risky if we're banking on his form carrying over from the French league and the Med.

I'd take him as one of two strikers brought in.

But if he was the only one we signed I'd remain very worried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Iirc he struggled to make much impact initially and then went to the African Cup of Nations and came back shot, then fell out of favour and has been on a seemingly rotating loan ever since. It's only this season with Monaco he's got scoring again. It's possible he can't hack the Prem, or perhaps the time in Leicester knocked his confidence and he never got back to confidence, and now he's back to scoring might be up for it again.

Dunno with this one. I would tend to lean more towards he's just not cut out for this league. Risky if we're banking on his form carrying over from the French league and the Med.

This is my thinking of what happened with Benteke at liverpool and seems like he's yet to recover from it. Think there's still a player in there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I thought N'Zonzi was older than he actually is. Turned 31 a month ago. Still a good few years left as a top player.

Heard on SSN that the Piatek offer is still on the table, but nobody really knows what's going on other than that.

As long as Suso and Smith do I don't care.

I understand AC are playing him tonight, so might be having second thoughts of him leaving.

Edited by TRO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, sne said:

I'd take him as one of two strikers brought in.

But if he was the only one we signed I'd remain very worried.

Same. Unless the other striker is Benteke :)

If it's alongside someone with current proven scoring pedigree or with evident talent, it's a huge gamble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone watch french football a lot? Looking at Monaco lineups he has featured quite a lot until today so strange he not in the squad.  
 

He also mainly seems to play in a front two alongside a player named Ben Yedder that I remember had a lot of fans on here. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's tough. On paper we should be ecstatic with a player like Slimani considering our position. 

But the fact he would likely be our one striker. Our only chance of staying up and his Goal record makes it a worry. 

Certainly one of those that causes concern but other clubs would say we should be happy with and not understand why we are upset.

Trouble is, there just aren't any Darren Bents about that are guaranteed goals in this league that we can attract. Even if we were to spunk £30m up the wall...who would we get that didn't have similar questions against them as either Benteke or Slimani? 

£30m wouldn't get Ings. And we'd have been livid with spending £18m on him in the summer. Tough job for someone, don't envy it. But they need to sort themselves out sharpish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Considering the fact that only getting one striker in in january means that we are in the same position if he gets injured

It leads me to believe that we will buy a striker at the squeaky bum end of the window and get a loan striker as well....at least i hope we do,or its back to wet tuesday nights in rotheram

Those Halcyon days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I understand AC are playing him tonight, so might be having second thoughts of him leaving.

Played the full 90 mins with a goal and assist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slimani wouldn't be our only striker, Smith himself has spoken about signing two forwards, and it's been widely reported in the press that we want two. Given the reputation of the source of Slimani rumours, I doubt that we're even interested in him anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Played the full 90 mins with a goal and assist

Oh Boleaux.

shows they probably have their noses in the right trough though.

Edited by TRO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...
Â