January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Am I right in thinking, as we are only allowed to register two loan players at once. that as we have signed Drinkwater and Reina, we are unable to sign any strikers on loan?

If that's right what the fook are we playing at?? Drinkwater was an absolutely nothing signing. Reina I understand but now we are seeing a few clubs open to striker loans and we are totally out of the frame.

Just do not understand it

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Potential and numbers mean nothing if we get relegated. As for value, I don't see anyone buying Nakamba, Trezeguet, Wesley and Targett off us for more than we paid.

The individual errors are because they aren't good enough. 

If we had no numbers we couldn't put out a team, if we don't bother with potential then there's no planning for the future. We needed more experience and another striker, we came up short, but lets not pretend every signing we made was a waste of time. We're three points of safety, it's not like we've done a Fulham.

Grealish, Mings and Heaton have all made errors that have lead to us conceding, are they not good enough?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Please can we all just have a little perspective please?

Great positivity, hope all these things are being drilled into the players! It's possible to stay up, but lose these next three confidence will be shot and we're gone.

Some signings have just been straight up poor though, and if we do get relegated we've missed a history altering chance with recruitment that isn't nearly good enough and it's gutting. That's what's really stinging me watching us struggle.

Go down we lose once in a lifetime talent in Grealish. I'm not looking forward to watching Wes, Targett, Nakamba and Trez struggle in the Championship. 

If we pull off a miracle and stay up we need to replace all them as well as others, that highlights how poor the summer was exciting as it was.

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Great positivity, hope all these things are being drilled into the players! It's possible to stay up, but lose these next three confidence will be shot and we're gone.

Some signings have just been straight up poor though, and if we do get relegated we've missed a history altering chance with recruitment that isn't nearly good enough and it's gutting. That's what's really stinging me watching us struggle.

Go down we lose once in a lifetime talent in Grealish. I'm not looking forward to watching Wes, Targett, Nakamba and Trez struggle in the Championship. 

If we pull off a miracle and stay up we need to replace all them as well as others, that highlights how poor the summer was exciting as it was.

Are you kidding me? If everything was rosy what would you and others moan about day in day out? ;)

They would be fine in the Championship. Targett has even proven that already.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Are you kidding me? If everything rosy what would you and others moan about day in day out? ;)

They would be fine in the Championship.

If it gets too quiet I'll bring up how we should have signed Maupay :D

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

Am I right in thinking, as we are only allowed to register two loan players at once. that as we have signed Drinkwater and Reina, we are unable to sign any strikers on loan?

If that's right what the fook are we playing at?? Drinkwater was an absolutely nothing signing. Reina I understand but now we are seeing a few clubs open to striker loans and we are totally out of the frame.

Just do not understand it

No you are not right, so don’t worry.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I don’t think we’ll need to replace all. Heaton, Mings, McGinn, Jack are definitely the deal. 

Guilbert, Targett, Konsa, Luiz all have good potential. Nakamba, El Ghazi, Hause, Engels are all good squad players.

We definitely need a forward and two wingers atleast. Possibly a beast midfielder.

But first of all we need to get results now then think of summer. 

• Like 1

The media knew about Drinkwater and Reina at least a week before they signed, and same with Barry if he signs, but with strikers we're getting no definite links just tenuous links and guesswork,  which makes me think that nothing is close at the moment, and we'll probably have to wait until the end of window before someone comes in. Think it was the same in the summer most players we had an idea that they were going to sign long before they actually did, only exception I can think of is Wesley, and even he didn't officially sign for weeks, although the announcement itself came out of the blue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

It's interesting to look at the performance of other summer signings that make ours look not that bad. Moise Kean, Pepe, Joelinton, Haller, etc- it's not easy to find a bargain - plenty of wasted cash about. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

New signing unveiled for the fans. :) Some will love him. Others will hate him, take your pick. 

spacer.png

Seriously though let’s see how the next 3 games go before we completely give up hope. 

That glass is too big.