January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Just now, sne said:

Here you go

Bildresultat för striker steve bruce

Not sure a dead giant will do it for us... Better than nothing I guess.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Derek Acora could do a job. He sees things that aren’t there all the time so would have no trouble threading a ball through that takes a defence by surprise. He’d have plenty of spirit too. 

He plays football like a man possessed, is good with crosses and has a team spirit. The fee wouldn't be too high, more like a medium price. i hear he's great in the box too, ghosts past defenders and I'm confident that he could conjure up the ghouls we need. We could do hearse...😉

Edited by John
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I'd be fine with this, the guy likes a scrap and he's good on the ball, exactly what we need. I'd be surprised if we got another midfielder in though.

He's only just turned 31, too. Exactly the sort of big, scary bastard who isn't afraid to tackle we need. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He's only just turned 31, too. Exactly the sort of big, scary bastard who isn't afraid to tackle we need. 

Speaks English, Prem experience or 'plug-in and play' as Smith likes to say. Seems a very sensible move all in all, I'd just be surprised if we have the squad space now we have Drinkwater.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Strikers. Strikers. Strikers. Strikers. Strikers.

Now.

We could have Aguero up front, but if we can;t keep the ball in the middle of the park, or defend, it is futile.

We need MORe than just this.

• Like 2

Just now, Teale's 'tache said:

Speaks English, Prem experience or 'plug-in and play' as Smith likes to say. Seems a very sensible move all in all, I'd just be surprised if we have the squad space now we have Drinkwater.

or could we start saying ‘oven ready’ to play in the Premier League?  :clap:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Not fussed with Nzonzi. Never saw the big deal in his prime. We'll see but I think we need energy and drive more than a big lump in midfield. I don't see the point.

There have been calls for us to add a tall angry guy in midfield so he'd fit that bill.

9 minutes ago, John said:

He plays football like a man possessed, is good with crosses and has a team spirit. The fee wouldn't be too high, more like a medium price. i hear he's great in the box too, ghosts past defenders and I'm confident that he could conjure up the ghouls we need. We could do hearse...😉

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We could have Aguero up front, but if we can;t keep the ball in the middle of the park, or defend, it is futile.

We need MORe than just this.

We have requirements for improvement across the pitch but forwards are absolutely the priority. We were short there going into the season and now we've got nothing. 

Undoubtedly the midfield still needs improvement but if we leave this window without bringing in a striker, it'll be a disaster.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

We have requirements for improvement across the pitch but forwards are absolutely the priority. We were short there going into the season and now we've got nothing. 

Undoubtedly the midfield still needs improvement but if we leave this window without bringing in a striker, it'll be a disaster.

Whilst I agree we need players all over the pitch I also think finding a good striker is an absolute must. Part of the problems in midfield are that we don’t have an outlet. Midfielders can only make good passes if other players get into good positions. We’ve gone from having very little movement up front to having absolutely nobody up front at all. 

16 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Not fussed with Nzonzi. Never saw the big deal in his prime. We'll see but I think we need energy and drive more than a big lump in midfield. I don't see the point.

I never saw Nzonzi as a lump. He gets around the pitch well for a tall guy.