January Transfers 2019/20

sne

@CityInPeace transfer fees are amortised over the life of the contract so I doubt we’re anywhere near failing.

As for rumoured investigations over the stadium valuation nothing will come of it as it was a reasonable valuation.

Edit - on a side note I see on your forum someone has asked about the recent Wigan decision and how this may impact on our stadium value. I'm actually a chartered surveyor working in business rates and happy to PM you to explain why this isn't at all relevant if you want! 

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CityInPeace said:

Well your FFP thread has been locked so I should be posting it on there, unless there's a new one but by rights, if you're on track to fail, or under investigation you should be under a soft embargo right now tbh.

I dare say quite a big EFL punishment would be possible if relegated?

Don't know why the PL aren't enforcing EFL requests...or maybe they are.

I've looked at a few posts on here and FFP does NOT reset, it's rolling, what changes is the loss limit in the PL I believe. It's harmonised to a point.

The difference is that instead of rolling £13m x 3, it's £13m x 2 + £35m.

@Dave-R should also read up on it. So should one or two others.

The question is whether points can be imposed in this League or if it's just fines etc.

Very interesting. Stuff FFP!

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Bowen for me.

I haven't seen enough of Benrahma to know......but I would guess he is more of a link player, who needs others......Bowen just scores goals on his own and built more robustly for the Premier, to avoid being taken out.

I, as you know are very dubious of lightweight players, unless they make up for it with blinding talent and apply it......so many of these talented players, can't apply it with any consistency...i.e they go missing in tough times.

Agree re physicality. We are, and have been for a number years, too small physically in midfield. All of our midfielders are more technical players without the raw physicality needed to boss PL games. We really need a physical presence there. 

Up top, again we need some physicality and some genuine pace. 

We clearly lack both attributes at present; attributes that are essential to PL survival. 

• Like 2

Drinkwater has officially gone back to Chelsea today, was worried at first he had been recalled to be sent back out to us, but it was always a 6 month loan deal.

He only managed less than an hour's football for Burnley, hope that is enough to put us off

5 hours ago, turvontour said:

16 goals and 6 assists though by Christmas. We didn't have anyone approaching that in the Championship. Would pay close to what they're asking unless it's stupid.

But then Hogan and McCormack and more scored bucketloads in the Championship and couldn’t score for us... in the Championship! So I’m slightly worried by anyone’s record there. Haven’t seen enough of him to judge myself.

I think the Sheffield Wednesday situation might be confusing some people, as they'e being threatend with a big points deduction relating to the sale of their ground, but it's not the sale of the ground in of itself that they're in trouble over, it's the fact they filed the sale in the wrong set of accounts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

I think the Sheffield Wednesday situation might be confusing some people, as they'e being threatend with a big points deduction relating to the sale of their ground, but it's not the sale of the ground in of itself that they're in trouble over, it's the fact they filed the sale in the wrong set of accounts.

Yup. The only stadium valuation I would have questions over would be Derby.

Reading's valuation actually seemed too low to me but that might have something to do with it sitting on top of an old landfill so the land wont be worth much.

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

There are 6 or 8 Leicester players who live in London & are picked up at the train station by the club on training days. 

It only takes 60 minutes to get to Leicester from St Pancras and then it’s 5 minutes in a car to the training ground. 

I get a feeling that we mean business in this transfer window. Our owners are ambitious and I don’t think relegation is in the plan but at the same time I don’t think the possibility of being relegated Will scare them into not spending. I guess we will know soon enough. I doubt we will be wasting two seconds looking at the likes of Drinkwater.

I hope we stick to 5-3-2. If we do I think we just need a striker (preferably 2), a 10 and a physical box to box midfielder. That would see us through nicely. 

• Like 1

Sarkic recalled.

Seems to imply

a)we wont be signing a goalkeeper, and

b) sarkic will be the bench keeper and kalinic is leaving on loan or permanently in Jan.

If not the case I see no reason for recalling him.

This idea that the EFL will or can punish us for breaching FFP if we get relegated is wrong, for one they've already cleared of us any wrong doings, and if they had have found us to have broken FFP rules whilst a championship club, they wouldn't have to wait for us to get relegated back to the championship before they punished us, that used to be the case and I think it's what happened with QPR, but it changed so that the EFL can now punish a team for breaching FFP even if they win promotion. In other words if we'd have done anything wrong in the EFL's eyes we would have already been punished.

• Like 2