January Transfers 2019/20

sne

57 minutes ago, Rodders said:

It's all about the amazing Gustavo Bartelt for me. What a hero of the ages.

I remember watching Gustavo Bartelt playing in a pre season friendly against Bromsgrove Rovers right at the end of the 90's. He played with alongside Alan Thompson and he yelled at Gus and then pointed and even pushed him into position all the time he was on the pitch (Bartelt didn't speak English). There were some hard men in that squad and Gus didn't fancy it at all. Gregory got rid of him as soon as he could.

Edited by villabromsgrove

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Was just about to post that he's will go to blues or Newcastle 

I wouldn't wish that on Danny, a move there would be enough to drive anyone to drink...  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I remember watching Gustavo Bartelt playing in a pre season friendly against Bromsgrove Rovers right at the end of the 90's. He played alongside Steve Watson who shouted at Gus and then pointed and even pushed him into position all the time he was on the pitch (Bartelt didn't speak English). There were some hard men in that squad and Gus didn't fancy it at all. Gregory got rid of him as soon as he could.

I remember that very well, i remember the excitment of going to see him, that soon changed! I think he only ever played that game didnt he?

Just now, Uncle Albert said:

I remember that very well, i remember the excitment of going to see him, that soon changed! I think he only ever played that game didnt he?

It was Alan Thomson that was shouting and pointing not Steve Watson although Watson was on the pitch (my memory isn't what it used to be lol). I think he did only play the once.

On 02/01/2020 at 16:45, DaveAV1 said:

All of them stuff FFP!!

Well your FFP thread has been locked so I should be posting it on there, unless there's a new one but by rights, if you're on track to fail, or under investigation you should be under a soft embargo right now tbh.

I dare say quite a big EFL punishment would be possible if relegated?

Don't know why the PL aren't enforcing EFL requests...or maybe they are.

I've looked at a few posts on here and FFP does NOT reset, it's rolling, what changes is the loss limit in the PL I believe. It's harmonised to a point.

The difference is that instead of rolling £13m x 3, it's £13m x 2 + £35m.

@Dave-R should also read up on it. So should one or two others.

The question is whether points can be imposed in this League or if it's just fines etc.

Edited by CityInPeace

5 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

It was Alan Thomson that was shouting and pointing not Steve Watson although Watson was on the pitch (my memory isn't what it used to be lol). I think he did only play the once.

I dont remember the shouting bit but i remember him playing and looking right out of sorts, almost like he had won a prize to play for the villa for the night. Im almost sure he never featured again.

Edited by Uncle Albert

Continuing the 'B' theme..

Leeds look like signing Cauley Woodrow from Barnsley, who I think is a decent player but perhaps may struggle in the Premier League. For me it's a signing that suits Leeds as they no doubt are just looking for a back up to Bamford. (I think he has a similar style). But.... what if its Bamfords replacement ..🕵️‍♀️ nah I know he won't be.. but I'm interested to know what peoples thoughts would be if we were in for him?! (Besides being a word removed, I actually rate him and think he would be an asset).  

10 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Continuing the 'B' theme..

Leeds look like signing Cauley Woodrow from Barnsley, who I think is a decent player but perhaps may struggle in the Premier League. For me it's a signing that suits Leeds as they no doubt are just looking for a back up to Bamford. (I think he has a similar style). But.... what if its Bamfords replacement ..🕵️‍♀️ nah I know he won't be.. but I'm interested to know what peoples thoughts would be if we were in for him?! (Besides being a word removed, I actually rate him and think he would be an asset).  

No

8 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

He better make his mind up quickly, we need a signing or two badly!

"We've got business planned; that'll continue," Smith said. "I'm sitting down tonight with Christian and Jesus to see what this changes for us.

"It'll hasten what we do in the market. The recruitment side won't change from what we were looking at before."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50978289

I find this hopeful. I like our Management team and Jesus so I am excited to see who they have in mind.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

29 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Highly doubt Giroud would want to move from London.

There are 6 or 8 Leicester players who live in London & are picked up at the train station by the club on training days. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

There are 6 or 8 Leicester players who live in London & are picked up at the train station by the club on training days. 

It only takes 60 minutes to get to Leicester from St Pancras and then it’s 5 minutes in a car to the training ground.