January Transfers 2019/20

sne

38 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Bosnich, Benteke, Bent, Barry ( just for fairness)

41 minutes ago, turvontour said:

We always recruit great Bs aswell.

Bowery, Bree, Berson, Balaban etc.

Cant go wrong.

How can you both forget our East German Superstars:- Stefan Beinlich &  Matthias Breitkreutz? :)

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Have you seen how slight Benrahma is? 

He makes Mahrez look like a heavyweight :lol:  

3kg more than Benrahma just means he's not anorexic 

Oh I know. The 3kg more than him comment is slightly tongue in cheek especially as I’m only slightly taller than Bowen and have 2+ stone on him!

It’s just such an important window I’ve had to find something to worry about even though McGinn is one of those built like I’ve said and I couldn’t accuse him of not working hard or being fit enough.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

How can you both forget our East German Superstars:- Stefan Beinlich &  Matthias Breitkreutz? :)

Stefan was a forward who looked a little like Paul Walsh, sadly he didn't play like him. Matthias, I think, played in midfield, neither managed to hold down a place, but it was well before the English game was awash with players from overseas. 

Didier Six, anyone? 

Edited by sheepyvillian

The fact Smith is hopeful a signing will be in by the man city game suggests to me that it was someone we were working on way before the Wesley injury.

Be interesting to see who it is. Was it someone who was coming to push Wesley or was it someone coming in to replace him as a starter?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Has there been a worse B than, Bosco. 

Gregory made some howlers in the transfer market. 

Is that not a bit harsh? Balaban was a disaster but I thought his signings were generally very good: Dublin, Merson, Carbone, Alpay, Mellberg, Angel - seem to remember more good ones than bad ones. He wanted Lampard the summer he went to Chelsea - what a sliding doors moment that could've been. He had to settle for Kachloul and Hadji instead. 

21 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Stefan was a forward who looked a little like Paul Walsh, sadly he didn't play like him. Matthias, I think, played in midfield, neither managed to hold down a place, but it was well before the English game was awash with players from overseas. 

Didier Six, anyone? 

Think was other way around. Beinlich was a midfielder, he had solid career and won Germany caps later and might have even went to a tournament. 

13 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Is that not a bit harsh? Balaban was a disaster but I thought his signings were generally very good: Dublin, Merson, Carbone, Alpay, Mellberg, Angel - seem to remember more good ones than bad ones. He wanted Lampard the summer he went to Chelsea - what a sliding doors moment that could've been. He had to settle for Kachloul and Hadji instead. 

Always thought Gregory was more surface than substance. I mean the football under him towards the end was rather dull, to say the least. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Agreed. 

I still remember Hadjii in the 1998 world cup. Looked immense. Was thrilled we signed him, even if it didn't quite work out. 

57 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

How the hell does Bent get onto this list??!?!

Surely he belongs in the other list?

His goals kept us up that first season, so he just about squeaks in on that for me.