January Transfers 2019/20

sne

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

Benrahma and Bowen would be phenomenal. 

I'm not as fussed with Benrahma as I would be with Bowen.

I like players who deliver not threaten too.....if we signed both and we will be lucky if we sign one of them.....who is going to win the ball for us.....to do anything, you have to have the ball.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Would you buy bowen or benrahma?

Or try for both?

Bowen for me.

I haven't seen enough of Benrahma to know......but I would guess he is more of a link player, who needs others......Bowen just scores goals on his own and built more robustly for the Premier, to avoid being taken out.

I, as you know are very dubious of lightweight players, unless they make up for it with blinding talent and apply it......so many of these talented players, can't apply it with any consistency...i.e they go missing in tough times.

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Giroud would play wonderfully well with Jack.  That would be my priority over Batshuayi, because Giroud can bring others into the game so well.  He has great technique.  Jack would absolutely thrive playing with him, if Jack were to stay centrally. 

We are very much agreed on Giroud over Batshuayi. I know Giroud is older and hasn't played much recently, but he is good at a lot of the things we're weak at. My concern is whether a 33-year old Giroud who hasn't played much is capable of playing as often as we might need him to without picking up an injury himself.

• Like 2

According to Internet Bowen is 3 cm taller and 3 kg heavier than Benrahma. 

And according to FIFA 20 they both have 79 in pace and 77 in dribbling  (yes I don't follow Championship football:D )

Not exactly David or Goliath.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

And according to FIFA 20 they both have 79 in pace and 77 in dribbling  (yes I don't follow Championship football:D )

We shouldn't be signing players with anything less than 80 for dribbling. Smith out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sne said:

It’s the 3kg heavier that worries me! As I mentioned the other day he looks like he’s carrying a few extra pounds than most modern footballers a la McCormack and Rooney (to give both ends of the spectrum) but I’m probably jumping to unfair conclusions.

5 minutes ago, sne said:

well jack only has about 75 pace and 80 dribbling on FIFA...so they're both pretty much as good as jack then. sign them both up!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

well jack only has about 75 pace and 80 dribbling on FIFA...so they're both pretty much as good as jack then. sign them both up!

That's excellent!

This football stuff is easy.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, sne said:

EDIT: Sorry, I see somebody beat me to this very relevant scouting report.

Well, according to FIFA, Grealish is a 74 in pace and an 80 in dribbling. So they're clearly stars.

Edited by VillaHatesMe
My own stupidity.

22 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

It’s the 3kg heavier that worries me! As I mentioned the other day he looks like he’s carrying a few extra pounds than most modern footballers a la McCormack and Rooney (to give both ends of the spectrum) but I’m probably jumping to unfair conclusions.

Have you seen how slight Benrahma is? 

He makes Mahrez look like a heavyweight :lol:  

3kg more than Benrahma just means he's not anorexic 

• Haha 1