January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Let's sign all the 🐝's

Benrahma, Batshuayi, Bowen, Butland, Benteke, B.........

I'd have all the above to be honest, well maybe not Christian...

Still think Batshuayi is a long shot but would prefer him over Giroud (even more so with a loan to buy option) but would be happy with either.

Although Butland's form has considerably dropped if we could get him on the cheap (8 to 10m?) then could be a bargain.

57 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I mean it's not even like things have changed dramatically in the last 48 hours is it? 

Other than the GK situation no not really.

If we didn't have a striker, winger/IF and possibly a CM on the required list already and agreed to target them weeks ago, then they obviously saw something different to literally everyone else.

Edited by MaVilla

Is Bowen's contract really up in June this year? All information on internet I can find suggests it is but a contact offer was made in November 2019. No news on whether this has been signed or not... If it is, should be going all out for it. Whilst it would be a tribunal in June, that would still be lower for Hull and they may want to cash in now... 

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

What's not really how it works?

That the valuation of a player is what it should be. You're talking about an English relatively young player in the January window, when the current owning club know we're desperate. As you say him being "no where near a 30 mil player" doesn't mean they won't ask for it. They will ask for obscene money. Guaranteed.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That the valuation of a player is what it should be. You're talking about an English relatively young player in the January window, when the current owning club know we're desperate. As you say him being "no where near a 30 mil player" doesn't mean they won't ask for it. They will ask for pbscene money. Guaranteed.

Ah OK thought you were questioning the way a 12 month option works, yeah sure they will ask for over the odds but they won't get 30 mil for Bowen I'd like to think we would walk away if they persisted with silly valuations, at the end of the day it's a balancing act between the buying and selling clubs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So looks like we're in talks with Hull for Bowen via the Twitters.

I hope that is the case but that account has 11 followers (even less than me..) so I wouldn’t take that seriously.

I'd have said £10m-£12m for Bowen.  Middling championship club, even with a year on his contract, he'd want to leave after 5 years at Hull.  Just a bit better than 1 in 3 for a winger is really good though, that's including his early years too. 

Would be a really good, healthy signing for Villa.  Lots of room for growth and would be ok with us going down (if that does happen). 

1 minute ago, useless said:

That's what I thought, but against us he was playing quite advanced. They're talking about £25m for Bowen, so not sure if we'll play that, Leicester being linked as well.

Maybe if Leicester best us to Bowen, assuming their interest is genuine, that could free up Albrighton?

Been have reportedly been turned down by Wylan Cyprien attacking midfielder from Nice. 

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/01/03/do-report-six-goal-midfielder-turns-down-move-to-aston-villa/

Cyprien, a clever and classy midfielder rather than a shot-stopper or a centre-forward. 

The Nice ace has produced six goals and three assists in Ligue 1 this season and could potentially have offered the creative thrust Villa are missing with the dynamic John McGinn also set for a prolonged spell on the sidelines.

EuroSport, however, believe that Cyprien has no interest in swapping life on the riviera for the Midlands this month.

Dubious source ... 

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I'd have said £10m-£12m for Bowen.  Middling championship club, even with a year on his contract, he'd want to leave after 5 years at Hull.  Just a bit better than 1 in 3 for a winger is really good though, that's including his early years too. 

Would be a really good, healthy signing for Villa.  Lots of room for growth and would be ok with us going down (if that does happen). 

Takes set pieces too? Think he scored Free Kick vs us

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

16 goals and 6 assists though by Christmas. We didn't have anyone approaching that in the Championship. Would pay close to what they're asking unless it's stupid.

• Like 3