January Transfers 2019/20

sne

With Giroud, you'd hope it would be until the end of the season on loan and nothing else. He'll be looking for a two year deal to see him into his dotage and I really can't see us being daft enough to get stuck with a huge salary for a striker who is right at the end of his serviceable career. I can't see him coming on that basis, I see him going to a mid table team somewhere nice in France on a two or three year deal.

18 minutes ago, Dale said:

Jack Marriott? Not top quality but in that mould

I like him, something old school about his style of play. Not sure he would get goals at this level but he wouldnt give up

• Like 1

You know what the more I think about Heatons' injury the more it concerns me, he's been arguably more important and played a bigger role this season than our first choice CF! We were in for Jack Butland before looking at Heaton, chances are Heaton may never come back why not go in hard for Butland now? Stoke are having a shocker he's got 18 months left on his contract he's still a very good young keeper at a shit club.

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

We dont have to have Chelsea's hand me downs. Both decent strikers, but let's go get our own gem.

We know batshuayi can cut it in this division and a loan will mean we won't need to pay a hefty fee which is good for ffp or allows us to invest elsewhere. Seems like a really good deal to me if we could get it done. 

5 minutes ago, Villastine said:

Think we should recall RHM. 

In many cases breaking through in football relies on luck. 

I don't think we have another striker for Fulham. 

If there is a chance going this lad should be given it. 

he's already broken through. he's had plenty of opportunities in the championship and was poor in every one of them. and with only 3 goals he's not been prolific in league 1 either

6 minutes ago, Wes said:

Whilst he doesn't retweet, he does include the source of the information on each tweet inside the square brackets at the end. In this case Gregg Evans at The Athletic (so behind a paywall) and BBC West Midlands.

Hey Wes, who should we sign to replace you big man?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Hey Wes, who should we sign to replace you big man?

If we can't get Giroud or Batshuayi on loan, Samatta at Genk at least seems attainable/reasonable. I think Smith would prefer someone with Premier League experience but with that in short supply, I can see them spending £10-20m on the continent.

If they really wanted to roll the dice they would activate the release clause of one of a number of young strikers that are playing in South America at the moment, (the fee and wages would pass the Work Permit rules easily) but that's incredibly risky asking a young player to produce given our circumstances.

• Like 3