January Transfers 2019/20

sne

2 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

I reckon they were always going to get another striker irrespective of Wesley's injury, now they need two 😕

We do definately for the squad, but I think a proper striker and a decent winger will suffice, Bowen can play both roles and would be perfect I think. Bowen on a permanent move and Batshuayi on loan with an option to buy.

However my Palace supporting mate in convinced Zaha is going to Chelsea with Batshuayi going the other way on loan.

• Like 1

The Euro's this summer might be a blessing for us when it comes to getting fringe players from bigger clubs to sign on loan.

Lots of players who will need to impress to get the nod for their international sides.

Edit: The same obviously goes for other clubs.

Edited by sne
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think Giroud would be a revelation here, genuinely.

I also don't think he'll have any intention of joining, sadly.

Yea, that's my take on it.  That said, with the Euros coming up and him not playing.. it might work.. 

He's a very classy player and I've liked him since his Montpellier days.  Good decision maker, great passing, holds the ball up well, can head the thing and has some neat ideas. 

Whilst Bats would also be good, I see him as a more raw player, who will improve but Giroud would make us a much better team as players like to get around him and play off him.  A bit like Benzema at Madrid. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I agree on both counts he'll end up on mainland Europe.

He's got somewhere like Villarreal written all over him.  a top 6 team in Spain (I have no idea if they are in top 6 :lol: ) 

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Can you imagine a fast striker who can time runs well, being fed in by Jack with perfectly weighted passes? A Vardy type? That's what I would be going all out for. 

Jack Marriott? Not top quality but in that mould

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Meeting owners tonight???

Should have been meeting the recruitment team for weeks before the window opened to identify what we need........

Ideally we needed the new signings in this week......

I mean it's not even like things have changed dramatically in the last 48 hours is it? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I mean it's not even like things have changed dramatically in the last 48 hours is it? 

Only major change is the Heaton injury really.

And then I'm not certain we will bring someone in, although Butland is always an option.

Edited by zab6359

16 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think Giroud would be a revelation here, genuinely.

I also don't think he'll have any intention of joining, sadly.

he potentially would...but it would be later in the window after he had evaluated his options. we can't afford to wait

26 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

He's no where near a 30 mil player (atm) realistically he has 18 months left as Hull have an option for another 12 months, which is a bit shit!

That's not really how it works. They know we are desperate and the valuation of Phillips, Grealish etc. has set a presedence. We started this really with apunking stupid money on Kodjia, McCormack and Hogan. 

Batshuayi's most recent loan spells:

• 2017/18 Borussia Dortmund - 7 league goals in 10 appearances (9 in 14 overall)
  • 2018/19 Valencia - 1 in 15 (3 in 23 overall)
  • 2018/19 Crystal Palace - 5 in 11 (6 in 13 overall)

I think a lot of those Valencia appearances were off the bench, not sure they gave him many minutes.

But overall it looks like he's good at hitting the ground running with a very healthy goal rate, so exactly what we need.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's not really how it works. They know we are desperate and the valuation of Phillips, Grealish etc. has set a presedence. We started this really with apunking stupid money on Kodjia, McCormack and Hogan. 

What's not really how it works?

Chelsea are apparently pushing hard to sign Moussa Dembele from Lyon. The sooner they get him the sooner Giroud and or Batshuayi will be forced out the door/allowed lo leave.

Just now, sne said:

Chelsea are apparently pushing hard to sign Moussa Dembele from Lyon. The sooner they get him the sooner Giroud and or Batshuayi will be forced out the door/allowed lo leave.

There's no way they sign Dembele early doors. They've said he's not for sale (obviously), itll drag on for a couple of weeks atleast.

Allegedly they've rejected £34m and a couple of reports are saying the next offer will be higher and include Giroud the other way, leaving them with three strikers and us wanting the third, Which fellas unlikely that they would sell both to bring in Dembele only.

• Like 1