January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Meeting owners tonight???

Should have been meeting the recruitment team for weeks before the window opened to identify what we need........

Ideally we needed the new signings in this week......

I reckon it'll be to discuss playing a weak team tomorrow to concentrate on the league. Will probably need the owners to buy into that.

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

x1 experienced striker - loan till end of season (Giroud perfect) and then put off new permanent striker till summer

x1 Bowen

x1 Vida

Stick with current keepers and pray. 

£18-£20 mill spend. Offset with £4mill for Kodjia, £2mill for Kallinic and some cash back on insurance for injuries. Plus whatever pennies are down the back of the sofa. 

Be shocked if anyone pays 4m for Kodija.

• Like 1

Should have been meeting the recruitment team for weeks before the window opened to identify what we need........

He actually says he is meeting with Suso and Christian to discuss how the injuries change the plans and to speed things up. No mention of meeting owners.  

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Batman - loan to buy

Benrahma - 20m

Bowen - 10m?

Central defender - 5m

35m spent, job done, assuming we keep the 343.

Suspect Bowen will be valued around £30 million. Assuming he has 6 months left, maybe £15 million if we're lucky.

10 minutes ago, Jareth said:

x1 experienced striker - loan till end of season (Giroud perfect) and then put off new permanent striker till summer

x1 Bowen

x1 Vida

Stick with current keepers and pray. 

£18-£20 mill spend. Offset with £4mill for Kodjia, £2mill for Kallinic and some cash back on insurance for injuries. Plus whatever pennies are down the back of the sofa. 

Doubt Kodjia will go 4 mil! If Kallinic goes for 2 mil that's a 5 mil loss shocking.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Batman - loan to buy

Benrahma - 20m

Bowen - 10m?

Central defender - 5m

35m spent, job done, assuming we keep the 343.

Unfortunately it’s probably more like Benrahma 25-30 and Bowen 15-20. Admittedly based mostly on ‘speculation’ of previous bids. Benrahma won’t be going anywhere before the summer with Brentford having a chance to play in the Premier League for the first time next year in their new stadium.

15 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Does anyone know if the 'recruitment team' was sacked after the summer debacle? £146 million spent and only 8 million Heaton a quality premiership player in my humble opinion.....

Of course not. The average cost of each player we bought must be about what, £10-13m? That's peanuts in the Premier League these days. Was always going to be a few duds and inconsistent performances.

Edited by PieFacE

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Suspect Bowen will be valued around £30 million. Assuming he has 6 months left, maybe £15 million if we're lucky.

He's no where near a 30 mil player (atm) realistically he has 18 months left as Hull have an option for another 12 months, which is a bit shit!

I dont think Wesley was ever meant to be the sole or main striker. I think there was another guy to come in. I think he still does, or plan b.

We also need another cover guy now and a loan makes sense.

But we're not fussed about loans so it could be we're looking at 2 permanent forwards, in which case it would make sense one would be able to play wide or support.

We need another midfield General. Way too open in midfield. Lots to do.

1 minute ago, zab6359 said:

Doubt Kodjia will go 4 mil! If Kallinic goes for 2 mil that's a 5 mil loss shocking.

Ok I'll go £2mill for Kodjia and £4mill for Kallinic.... or buy one get one free for £6m total. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Unfortunately it’s probably more like Benrahma 25-30 and Bowen 15-20. Admittedly based mostly on ‘speculation’ of previous bids. Benrahma won’t be going anywhere before the summer with Brentford having a chance to play in the Premier League for the first time next year in their new stadium.

You never know, we can always test their resolve.  They are a selling club so will most likely invest that money into another unearthed gem.

You do understand that the transfer planning has seismically changed over the last few hours with season ending injuries to two key 1st teamers, added to the near season ending injury to McGinn a couple weeks ago? Over a quarter of our starting 11 has been taken away in the space of 3-4games over a couple of weeks. Meetings have obviously taken place in weeks/months gone by regarding player recruitment, but nobody could have planned for what’s just happened. The fact a meeting is taking place later today would seem a positive thing to me, everybody recognising the severity of the situation. But we all have to remember that there are FFP rules, and we’re not playing with Monopoly money. Between Purslow, Smith, and the owners we all should have plenty of trust that they’ll do everything they can to advantage Aston Villa. They’ve earned that trust. 

• Like 2

Just now, supermon said:

You never know, we can always test their resolve.  They are a selling club so will most likely invest that money into another unearthed gem.

I agree, it’s definitely worth a try as I think there would be much more competition in the summer too.

For balance I would prefer a decent left footer but definitely not a good reason to pass on a talent like him.

Can someone who isn't completely stupid (like me) find how long ago I suggested Bowen?  It must be knocking on 2 years now.. I'd love him, plus he can scored, dribble, run and cross.  Like a younger, quicker Snodgrass.  

I also suggested Jedinak when we went down, way before we signed him and I liked him :)  

Giroud would play wonderfully well with Jack.  That would be my priority over Batshuayi, because Giroud can bring others into the game so well.  He has great technique.  Jack would absolutely thrive playing with him, if Jack were to stay centrally. 

So that's my winger/striker..

I'd also look at getting in a left back to improve on Taylor/Targett (who I think are ok, but limited).  Who?  I'm not so sure to be honest. 

CM i think we are just about ok, and McGinn will be back in a couple of months anyway. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

You do understand that the transfer planning has seismically changed over the last few hours with season ending injuries to two key 1st teamers, added to the near season ending injury to McGinn a couple weeks ago? Over a quarter of our starting 11 has been taken away in the space of 3-4games over a couple of weeks. Meetings have obviously taken place in weeks/months gone by regarding player recruitment, but nobody could have planned for what’s just happened. The fact a meeting is taking place later today would seem a positive thing to me, everybody recognising the severity of the situation. But we all have to remember that there are FFP rules, and we’re not playing with Monopoly money. Between Purslow, Smith, and the owners we all should have plenty of trust that they’ll do everything they can to advantage Aston Villa. They’ve earned that trust. 

Spot on. We could be spending some of next summers money this month, or more than planned at this stage. That requires strategic decisions at the top level.