January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Weren't figures of 60k a week being bandied around for Bowen? That would make him one of, if not the highest, paid player at the club. Worth upsetting the apple cart? Maybe not. 

100% agree but footballers don't always choose the biggest offer. Smart ones think beyond that. I think we're ideal club for him

2 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Any reason why we wouldn’t want Lolley? Purely a cost issue?

fast, great crosser, dribbles, villa fan. Ripping up the championship. 

would he be more than £20m Bowen?

28 vs 23. Forest won't sell. Would kill chances of Top 6 wouldn't sit well with fans. Bruce should've gone for him instead of bloody Lansbury

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

You and me both. Well tbh, I don't reallyu use facebook either, or any kind of social media for that matter. You wouldn't believe how hard it was to convince the mods that I genuinely didn't use social media and I didn't make up some account just to anonymously troll.

I have deleted my facebook as well. Feel like an outcast in the modern day life 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is the deadline 5pm, 11pm or midnight? Seems to differ every transfer window. I still remember that one in 2009 when Arsenal's was Feb 7th when they signed Arshavin.

Slams shut at 11!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Highest paid at which club?

I can guarantee West Ham have people on more than £60k p/w and I'm fairly sure we do too........

Heaton's top earner at 42k, isn't he? 

9 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Any reason why we wouldn’t want Lolley? Purely a cost issue?

fast, great crosser, dribbles, villa fan. Ripping up the championship. 

would he be more than £20m Bowen?

I think Lolley would be a nice upgrade on Jota (if he was to leave as some reports have mentioned).

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am absolutely certain Grealish would have a massive salary activated at the point we got promoted.  

People keep assuming that without anything to back it up. Not saying it's wrong but only evidence we have is Grealish doubled his 20k wage when signed 5 year deal in 2018. I expect he'll get offered an improved deal at some stage

I'm actually pretty happy with what we have. We probably could do with another striker to add some extra depth, but I think we have enough to win 4 games - which is what I think we need to win in order to stay up (plus a couple of draws). 

We spent a shed load in the summer, more than the teams who are in worse positions than us, and now they are throwing money to try and stay up - or, preparing already for relegation. Whereas we have added a bit of extra support in positions that we needed to the most. 

So, yea - I'm actually ok with this. 

• Like 2

Got to say this window looks set to be a disappointment.

It was obvious we needed to strengthen before we got the three big injuries and all we've done is replace them and its debatable if we've replaced with better, apart from the drinkwater for McGinn which is clearly much worse. 

I know FFP is an issue. I know it's hard to sign quality in this window but got to be honest I think this has been poor. Now there's 12 hours left but I can't see this changing much. 

I think we continue to make the challenge of staying up difficult for Smith. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am absolutely certain Grealish would have a massive salary activated at the point we got promoted.  

Purslow = ffp genius

Edens = financial genius 

NWSE = all the money in the world

I'll wager that less then a handful of people will ever know exactly what any of our players get payed, nudge nudge, wink wink.

• Like 2