January Transfers 2019/20

sne

All the talk of looking for 1 more striker, but zero talk anywhere (including from deano), about a winger/IF/AM, are we really gonna let Jan pass without signing someone to compete with el Ghazi and trez???

Strange how we're not being linked to anyone except for the old links to Sturridge, Benteke and Slimani. I know people say that we keep our deals close to our chest, I'm sure we'd like to, but I think that that's a bit of a myth, as most of our transfers this window and in the summer were being speculated about in the media long before we signed them, only exceptions that I can think of are Targett, Carroll this time last year, and Wesley, and even he didn't sign until a few weeks after he'd been announced.

6 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

That's what I just read, he's opted to sign for Rennes who are third in Ligue 1, as that's where his family is (France)

I refuse to believe any AV ITK anymore since the way the new board conducts business. That said the AVFCITK19 tweeter said on Jan 26 Villa in talks with Beaurigeaud CM from Rennes and nothing since and no one else has mentioned. Wonder if there's legs with Nzonzi going though he's a DM

Edited by Kiwivillan

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

All the talk of looking for 1 more striker, but zero talk anywhere (including from deano), about a winger/IF/AM, are we really gonna let Jan pass without signing someone to compete with el Ghazi and trez???

It can wait until the summer. In any case I would assume the striker we get in would also be able to play out wide if required.

One of Trez/AEG will be on the bench regularly now which is how you improve squads (inconsistant starters go to the bench). I know Jack dosen't like playing from the left but he's been in sensational form in that position for last two months so I can't see why we'd change what has largely been a succesful formation change.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Probably. January is the worst time to sign and least activity this season so far than I can remember

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

All the talk of looking for 1 more striker, but zero talk anywhere (including from deano), about a winger/IF/AM, are we really gonna let Jan pass without signing someone to compete with el Ghazi and trez?? 

We’ve got 2 wingers battling it out for one position so I don’t think it’s a priority anymore.  Another striker and then potentially a central midfield will do. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I was thinking that, I wonder if Dean was thinking instead of three up front that we’d player Samatta and newbie and Jack has free role to float across the line.  I mean we haven’t had the option of two strikers for most of the season as Kodjia has been out of favour and Davis has been injured.  We’ve only moved Jack forward post Davis’ injury so haven’t had chance to experiment.  Just a thought anyway.

57 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

All garbage. I don't think our board would go anywhere near these 3 especially not a 32 year old winger 

Are you saying the players are garbage, or the rumors? Cuz if Callejon is garbage, I'd hate to learn what you think of the wingers we do have. 🤣

21 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I think we might get one which could cover across the front 3.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Are you saying the players are garbage, or the rumors? Cuz if Callejon is garbage, I'd hate to learn what you think of the wingers we do have. 🤣

I think garbage options relative to cost/age loan/buy for the club. Too many people think getting a player is like popping to the corner shop for a carton of milk. I thought Higuain was a garbage loan for Chelsea because some players can't cut it in PL I couldn't care less about their reputation

Also I think 90% of rumours this window have been made up garbage

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think garbage options relative to cost/age loan/buy for the club. Too many people think getting a player is like popping to the corner shop for a carton of milk. I thought Higuain was a garbage loan for Chelsea because some players can't cut it in PL I couldn't care less about their reputation

Figured as much. I will say, however, that Callejon would do very well for us. His strengths in the final third and down the wing will play in any league. 

• Like 1

Benteke would be a panic buy, and I would have hoped Villa was past that.

I wouldn't worry too much about Sturridge, as he would probably get injured during the medical and fail.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

35k for Grealish??? Maybe on his previous contract!

Nope. He signed in September 2018, unless there's been another revision of his contract. All accounts for wages I'm reading are for the 2019/20 season, and are unanimous.